Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just asking, what software pilots are using to edit the 4K video?

Except for the compass calibration, did you fly it "Out of the box" w/o any firmware uptates? I have a P3A and just bought the Q500 4K. Gettin ready to take it on it's maiden voyage.

Except for the compass calibration, did you fly it "Out of the box" w/o any firmware uptates? I have a P3A and just bought the Q500 4K. Gettin ready to take it on it's maiden voyage.

Hi John,

Welcome to the Yuneec family. Yes, I followed all the safety checks. Updated to the new firmware. I calibrate at every new spot. Also do a 20 sec hover before flying. One thing I don't like is the prop wash hop on landing. If the aircraft is drifting don't land until stable. Could tip over and bust a prop.

Dan

Reactions: John N Kronyak III
Hi John,

Welcome to the Yuneec family. Yes, I followed all the safety checks. Updated to the new firmware. I calibrate at every new spot. Also do a 20 sec hover before flying. One thing I don't like is the prop wash hop on landing. If the aircraft is drifting don't land until stable. Could tip over and bust a prop.

Dan

Do you think it can be flown w/o the firmware updates. My DJI P3A was a snap, but the Yuneec update process is more confusing. I'm not too concerned with the latest mods. Just looking for a stable , reliable platform and decent photos and videos. I always do frequent compass calibrations.

What software are you using to edit the 4K video?

As a 'true newbie' to this cool flying camera, I've been trying a few different editing programs. The stuff that comes on our Windows CPU's works OK...
Dashware is nice.
Lightworks is quite impressive. It's a powerful, pia program to learn. But WOW, After a day of tutorials and practice, I'm hooked. Just proves that you can teach and old dog new tricks.

I uploaded 2 vids in the media section. I'm no pro, but I'm looking forward to filming the kids snowboarding this winter!

I ended up getting the Corel VideoStudio X8 Pro. Seams to work but my computer is chugging. Time to upgrade.

I use X8 Pro also and it does use a lot of "power", I do a lot of photography and videography and had a custom PC built 3 i5 processers and 16 GB ram and so far it hasn't flinched...that was 5 years ago knock on wood..lol

Reactions: Darkfalz71
I use Adobe Premiere for most of my editing needs. I use Adobe After Effects for graphics, animation, slow-mo and stabilization.

For YouTube I export at a fairly high quality knowing they are going to re-compress the video.

If you want to speed up your rendering then get a high end (900 series) GeForce video card. Premiere is CUDA compatible. It's surprisingly fast!

Reactions: Darkfalz71

Adobe Premiere is up there. I just use the default "Movie Maker" in Win 10. Of course a powerful rig would be prime for video editing. MSI X99 board / 64GB RAM / EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB PCI Express 3.0 Graphic Card. This baby rocks, I have no issues watching or editing my 4K footage from the Q500 4K.

John,
Im totaly new to this also... i just my yuneec q500+
I flew it straight out of box... flys great! I tried follow me mode...
I learned hard leason.... i didn't have drone high enough above me.... i was on my atv. It struggled to keep up with me... when looked back....it was hitting ground and rolled!! Lucky only broke 2 blades...

I use the Magix Yuneec version, its free and does a pretty good job and is easy to use

I tried to use Adobe Premier Elements but it's one of these programs that tries to guide you (too much for may taste). So, I went to Power Director Ultimate 14. Fits my temperament more, has mostly the same functionality, and cost the same as the Adobe package. Just personal preference..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval