Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just brought the Typhoon H!

typhoonguy, it is worthwhile to a get a set of spare parts to have available... they are all inexpensive enough to keep on hand and they will be the most likely parts needing replacement in a minor crash/tipover... A spare set of both A & B props, 2 landing struts, and a gimbal mount for the camera... altogether, under $75.00. Added benefit when this occasionally occurs... you do not have to wait on shipping to get back in the air.

Cheers for that, I have brought a few extra bits too, I have also picked up the prop guards (any good?) and the ruck sack! I can't wait to get back into the air! I'm hopefully filming a friend of mines sports car on Saturday so I will share the footage once edited! I must remember to turn off that OA!

So here's a update!

I have taken the Typhoon H out twice now! but sadly on the second day while landing the drone it decided to flip over and roll down a small hill until I could catch it! It broke a clip on one of the arms and I lost a connection on the camera gimbal but replacement parts coming tomorrow, after reading on the forums here I think I might have left obstacle avoidance on! It was also rather windy and the cross winds picked it up slightly when it landed! I didn't cry... but I had already had so much fun and after reviewing the footage I'm amazed at the quality so don't mind getting it fixed and running again.

So far one happy customer! I just need to look into the color settings, but post production fixed the footage I took even when the original footage was really blue! :D

When you get the basics down on landing without flipping, it's rather easy to hover it at head height and hand catch it with your finger on the kill switch save the stress

You'll want the Polar Pro filters. Congratulations on your purchase!

Pat, at your suggestion I just picked up a set of Polar Pro ND filters. ND4, ND8 and ND16. Today it was cloudless and sunny so I tried out the ND16. A MUCH better ND filter than the NEEWER that I originally got.

Still looking for an effective lens shade though.... hopefully to cut down on lens flare when possible....

Regards,
Ron

That's a great idea, I will do that! :)

Be very careful, it's intimidating initially just hover the craft at head height, establish what how the craft is moving in the space and familiarize yourself with being this personal to your craft and it in the air.

In ANGLE Mode, walk up to it wait before grabbing it, left hand on the controls, finger on the red kill switch, make sure youre not touching any controls with your body

Then finally reach up and grab the landing gear up the leg, and as soon as your grip is firm not on the base so you'll have control of the weight whenever the props stop

As soon as you get a firm grip, hold down the red kill switch till the madness stops because at this point the air craft will sense that something is affecting its position and it's going to attempt to adjust itself or kill you until that Red Switch is completely held down for like 6 seconds

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marcojanson67