Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just can't make up my mind. P4 or Typhoon H

Reaction score
first, I have experience with a PV2+. My biggest drawback with the P4 is having to spend another $500.00 on a tab for a view screen. My biggest like is the LightBridge technology should take care of a lot of range and interference issues.

My worries with the TH is the range mainly. I read in a thread here today someone started having video breakup at 600ft out. Simon, if you are reading this is really appreciate your opinion. Thank you.

Joel

Range is always going to be subjective to your surroundings. If you are out in an open area away from wire and buildings you will have a better range. The less interference the better. I think the antenna's which come with it will be fine for most but i ordered an aftermarket just for the clarity. I normally don't fly farther than line of site.

Range Extender, puts you where you need to be and better signal ! The 4 is a nice machine, but I am drooling for my H !:p

first, I have experience with a PV2+. My biggest drawback with the P4 is having to spend another $500.00 on a tab for a view screen. My biggest like is the LightBridge technology should take care of a lot of range and interference issues.

My worries with the TH is the range mainly. I read in a thread here today someone started having video breakup at 600ft out. Simon, if you are reading this is really appreciate your opinion. Thank you.

Joel

My PV2+ (now Sold) would not do more than 300 feet before the video started to 'Freeze' and the Controller had to be pointed at the Drone all of the time or NO Video. It was Rubbish. Im hoping my new 'H' will be a lot better than that. It seems AOK in Simons Video.

Thank you. I'm not tech savy at all. Is there a company you could send your H to and have them modify?

Kinda in the same boat TH or P4 i just love the looks of the Th and i have seen an old P2 fly 3 mls with antenna upgrades so i know you will be able to increase the range of the TH, and the fact that it comes with an inbuilt screen seems like a deal breaker .The P4 has lightbridge which is top notch but it just looks no different to previous models .

I know exactly where you are. For me I just can't cope with DJI and there poor products and adismisble customer service, I went through 4 phantoms 4s and enough was enough. Spoke to Yunecc on the phone several times (which is novel) and they seem to be great, here is to hoping or I will give the hobby up as a bad start.

Not sure why people want all that distance. Have you watched the video of the 'H' flying across the harbor to retrieve an HDMI cable? I would think that would be more than far enough for anyone truth be Told. Or is it just a matter of being able to say mine flies further than yours? Being able to stay in the air of one motor fails is far more important than whether or not you can fly 1.5+km away in my eyes. Not needing an additional piece of equipment to see where you are or where you are going reduces the expense of the unit purchase. Having a services center that is relatively active when you call and need help has been a big plus for me with my Q500. Do I need to keep going?

Thanks. I saw the video of flying across the harbor. He was not using stock antennas.

He only use a different antenna on his video down link. Remember here in the USA you must retain visual line of site.
After about 400 feet, the H is going to look like a speck in the sky

H's are official proven to be out and many first preorders have been received already, hang in for second influx , coming in waves!

I flew mine out 770' or more the other day and saw one flicker and that was with it actually being slightly out of sight behind a tree by maybe 20'. I hope to fly much further than that within the boundaries of my farm, but that will wait until after it comes back from repairs. I'm hoping to have it back by the end of next week but, from what I've heard, it's a long wait with DJI. Yuneec told me their turnaround goal is 7 days after receipt but to maybe give them 10 days. Sounds good to me.

I flew mine out 770' or more the other day and saw one flicker and that was with it actually being slightly out of sight behind a tree by maybe 20'. I hope to fly much further than that within the boundaries of my farm, but that will wait until after it comes back from repairs. I'm hoping to have it back by the end of next week but, from what I've heard, it's a long wait with DJI. Yuneec told me their turnaround goal is 7 days after receipt but to maybe give them 10 days. Sounds good to me.
If they said 2 weeks I would have said keep it.

I wonder if yours is the 1st to go back

It's interesting that there is already a known issue (loose internal fans) that Yuneec is aware of.

So you've already sent it Harvey? Hope for a speedy and effective return for you!

Reactions: HarveyC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval