Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Antennas for Typhoon H?

BTW… The 5.8GHz patch antenna is just for the video…. You need a 2.4 GHz for control… Did Ming add an aftermarket 2.4 GHz antenna to his ST16?

Hal in his videos he only swapped out the 5.8 GHz video antenna and is just using the the stock 2.4 GHz for control.

Thanks for the heads up as HAL mentioned Ming suggest LHCP, as well as a couple other people not sure where that information came from. Like Hal wonder what ITElite setup is I'll email them now that I have this information.

Here is a list of the antennas that 'Ming' tested - He said that No. 3 was best

Test 5 difference antennas on Yuneec Typhoon H
1. Stock Typhoon H antenna
2. Immersion 13dBi Left Circularly Polarized Patch antenna.
3. Immersion 8dBi Left Circularly Polarized Mini Patch antenna.
4. Immersion LHCP Left Hand Circular Polarized. SpiroNET 5.8GHz circular polarized antenna.
5. TBS Triumph antenna Remark: Right Hand Circular Polarized which is positive of Typhoon H CGO3+.

I'll email them now that I have this information.

I inquired and ITElite never got back to me. RC Immersion suggests that one used the LHCP or RHCP in their radios to help eliminate interference between two drones operating in the same band in the same area. The tech from Immersion told me that knowing the receiver antenna's polarity is crucial to a good signal….As well as the center band that Yuneec uses on their drones.

At the ITElite site… As I mentioned before, they have the H antenna listed separately then for the, Tornado, 500 or other Yuneec products… This might be a different item then what some resellers have and state are compatible with the H. Yes, it will fit on the ST16/ST24…. But will the H "like" the radiation/polarity?

I can't buy and try and 1/2 dozen antennas and do a field test…

Here is a list of the antennas that 'Ming' tested - He said that No. 3 was best

Higher gain should result in a better signal and longer distance…. But, higher gain often means more directionality which, if you aren't pointing directly to the craft then it might appear a short distance.

Looking a Ming's latest video he seems to be using the 'Immersion 8dBi Left Circularly Polarized Mini Patch antenna' - The Manufacturer says - Much wider beam than its 13dBi cousin, with easily double the range of a standard SpiroNET Omni.

Looking a Ming's latest video he seems to be using the 'Immersion 8dBi Left Circularly Polarized Mini Patch antenna' - The Manufacturer says - Much wider beam than its 13dBi cousin, with easily double the range of a standard SpiroNET Omni.

8DBi doubles the range verses the Omni….Since it is directional..Not double over the 13DBi antenna.

the 8DBi is not as directional as the 13DBi cousin (which has the narrower beam)…. They probably could say "triple the range of a standard SpiroNet Omni" in their description of the 13DBi antenna.

To be clear….They aren't comparing the 13DBi antenna to the Omni or the range in their sentence describing the 8DBi….Just stating a different radiation pattern...

Higher gain gives you higher Effective Radiated Power (ERP) --- But, using a directional antenna focuses that power in one direction and not in all directions like an Omni….Which should give you longer distance. Just don't point in another direction then the craft or you will lose that range.

Reactions: radicalregard
NYC... I don't know how Casey Neistat flys his Phantom around NYC. Sometime he takes off between buildings and shoots straight up and out which is crazy because NYC has tons of interference. I see no mods on his controller or Phantom as well. I fly a Phantom in my tiny suburb and I'm having issues 250 meters out! Which brings me back to the comment I made on RC Groups.... "Everyone's range will differ" no matter if we all do the same upgrade to the ST16 controller, because our environments are different & ever changing.

He has gone through 4 or 5 of those P4s too. He looses and crashes them all the time. He even makes a point of it. I worry about him because I like him, but I am afraid he is going to drop one in a really bad place and that will reflect on us all. He even flies over (i.e. along) the freeway sometimes. His philosophy has always been to take the risk and get the shot, which I can respect, but, eventually, there will be a critical failure.

That said, assuming the same 5.8 bands we use in normal FPV, it should be somewhat easy to find or build directional antennas to work with the H.

8DBi doubles the range verses the Omni….Since it is directional..Not double over the 13DBi antenna.

the 8DBi is not as directional as the 13DBi cousin (which has the narrower beam)…. They probably could say "triple the range of a standard SpiroNet Omni" in their description of the 13DBi antenna.

To be clear….They aren't comparing the 13DBi antenna to the Omni or the range in their sentence describing the 8DBi….Just stating a different radiation pattern...

Higher gain gives you higher Effective Radiated Power (ERP) --- But, using a directional antenna focuses that power in one direction and not in all directions like an Omni….Which should give you longer distance. Just don't point in another direction then the craft or you will lose that range.

I would love to pull it apart to see what is on the camera end. Anyone want to lend me one to rip apart?

right, FPVLR said they had a pre production unit and the antennas were LHCP as they are on the CGO3 - this can also be seen in the test photos for the new CGOET which shows a LHCP antenna

And here is the CGO3 --- Wonder if the plus uses the same antenna? Screenshot 2016-05-17 14.54.37.png

I don't know how one tells left of right by a photo….Again….Counting on the Yuneec Tech to know which antenna is used by the CGO3+

And here is the CGO3 --- Wonder if the plus uses the same antenna? View attachment 567

I don't know how one tells left of right by a photo….Again….Counting on the Yuneec Tech to know which antenna is used by the CGO3+

someone has just sent in a photo from the CGO3+ on another forum showing clearly it is a LHCP antenna which if that photo was a little clearer, would show that exactly - sadly the Yuneec USA guy who said it was RHCP was obviously nothing to do with antennas

AP is rights, looks to be left hand here is a picture of
Antenna%20image.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech