Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just got my new replacement H

RBC

Reaction score
I returned my H back to B&H Photo within my 30 day return period because I was having drifting issues. My H would not hover over a fixed point in any reliable way. This made it dicey to land if it was drifting sideways. I would recalibrate the compass and accelerometer and it would do well for half of the next flight but would begin to drift again when hovering or do the toilet bowl effect. I just got a new H and it is the difference of night and day. It is rock solid over a fixed point even in a brisk breeze. Also, the latest firmware was already loaded. I noticed the camera video switch works great. On my last H, I had to click it more than once to make it go on or off. Everything on the ST16 feels very solid. I'm a happy camper.

I returned my H back to B&H Photo within my 30 day return period because I was having drifting issues. My H would not hover over a fixed point in any reliable way. This made it dicey to land if it was drifting sideways. I would recalibrate the compass and accelerometer and it would do well for half of the next flight but would begin to drift again when hovering or do the toilet bowl effect. I just got a new H and it is the difference of night and day. It is rock solid over a fixed point even in a brisk breeze. Also, the latest firmware was already loaded. I noticed the camera video switch works great. On my last H, I had to click it more than once to make it go on or off. Everything on the ST16 feels very solid. I'm a happy camper.
I've read on other forums that people had the same drifting problem as you. But it only developed after they had calibrated the compass a few times. Others who never calibrated their compass report that everything is fine. I'm starting to wonder if for some owners, when you calibrate the compass (all that spinning), the compass actually comes loose whereby it will never hold a perfect, magnetic north, calibration again.

With this new Typhoon you just received, did you calibrate the compass before your first flight, or fly it right out of the box (factory calibration)?

What are you having done about it? Mine is doing the same thing. I contacted Yuneec and they asked me to send it to them. Shipped it out today. It sucks because I've only been able to fly it one time since I've bought it.
I returned mine to B&H under their 30-day return policy and they sent me a new H.

My LHS replaced mine. The new one works as it should. I heard second-hand that Yuneec was NOT happy that my LHS replaced it. Yuneec wanted me to deal directly with them. I think that's crap! What's the point of buying from my LHS if they can't help/take care of me...

What are you having done about it? Mine is doing the same thing. I contacted Yuneec and they asked me to send it to them. Shipped it out today. It sucks because I've only been able to fly it one time since I've bought it.

My LHS replaced mine. The new one works as it should. I heard second-hand that Yuneec was NOT happy that my LHS replaced it. Yuneec wanted me to deal directly with them. I think that's crap! What's the point of buying from my LHS if they can't help/take care of me...
That's great that you got another working unit. Like I said, I sent mine back to Yuneec as requested. However, I'm very nervous now because if it comes back to me and the problem persists, I'm going to be SOL. I bought mine thru AcesDeals.biz. Peter only has a 10 day return policy and by the time it comes back, it'll be too late for a refund/exchange. And if that wasn't enough, now I think my camera may be faulty as well. Ugh.

That's great that you got another working unit. Like I said, I sent mine back to Yuneec as requested. However, I'm very nervous now because if it comes back to me and the problem persists, I'm going to be SOL. I bought mine thru AcesDeals.biz. Peter only has a 10 day return policy and by the time it comes back, it'll be too late for a refund/exchange. And if that wasn't enough, now I think my camera may be faulty as well. Ugh.
I think your are in good hands with Yuneec. If bet if they have to they will rebuild yours with new components to replace anything that is malfunctioning..

Reactions: mxpxboy
I think your are in good hands with Yuneec. If bet if they have to they will rebuild yours with new components to replace anything that is malfunctioning..
I hope you're right. At first the Yuneec rep thought my drone was orbiting around me when I told her it was going in circles. But as soon as I mentioned "toilet bowling" she knew what I was talking about. She said she has heard of it a few times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop