Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just got my Typhoon G

Naw I flew it longer just trying to get a feel of it. But I noticed the gimble would get out of alignment at times.

I'm actually new to this rc/drone hobby but what made me decide was the look of the yuneec and also the remote with its own screen instead of using your phone. But I heard the phantom is faster and quicker.

Reactions: Fleamac
Also the FPV range is better, that's the only thing that has me thinking. Also, where I live, there are no Yuneec distributors, so I would need to order and painfully wait for a week.

Gamble out of alignment? Explain please.
In mid flight it would get slanted but it would fix itself but this is before the update and I haven't flown it since. Hopefully the update fixes it. I'll try to find the video clip and I'll post it

It is a pleasure to welcome both SixTwoPinoy & Rigo to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec UAV’s.

I'm torn between this cool Yuneec and a Phantom 3 Pro.... Have you got any experience with the Phantom?

Yuneec & Phantom in my opinion are the two leaders in consumer UAV's. One thing no other maker can compare to at this time is the Light Bridge transmission system the DJI Phantom uses on the top two Phantom models. It gives them long range & HDFPV.

I suggest you stop on over to the PhantomPilots.com forum which is a sister site to this one and do a little exploring and then you can draw your own conclusion to which UAV would better suit your needs. The Yuneec is a beautiful machine, but so is the Phantom... it's a tough choice. Maybe just get one of each. :)

Also the FPV range is better, that's the only thing that has me thinking. Also, where I live, there are no Yuneec distributors, so I would need to order and painfully wait for a week.
It is a pleasure to welcome both SixTwoPinoy & Rigo to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec UAV’s.

Yuneec & Phantom in my opinion are the two leaders in consumer UAV's. One thing no other maker can compare to at this time is the Light Bridge transmission system the DJI Phantom uses on the top two Phantom models. It gives them long range & HDFPV.

I suggest you stop on over to the PhantomPilots.com forum which is a sister site to this one and do a little exploring and then you can draw your own conclusion to which UAV would better suit your needs. The Yuneec is a beautiful machine, but so is the Phantom... it's a tough choice. Maybe just get one of each. :)

Thank you. One of each sounds good haha

Reactions: cmj167
Haha, yes I agree with all of you, they're all wonderful machines. That high definition HDFPV is what is killing me. I don't need crazy range, I just want to rest assured that if I want to go a bit further, I can rely on the fact that range is not an issue. I've been lurking forums and I still just can't make my decision. I still have like 20 days to decide :D

I am a brand new pilot and have never flown a drone before. I just flew my new Q500 4K for the first time this morning and was amazed at how easy it was to fly. I am VERY impressed at how intuitive it is to fly and I am also impressed with how quiet it is. On top of that, I found the ST-10 controller to be quite comfortable and it's controls seemed pretty straight forward. Keep in mind that this is my first foray into the drone world so my opinions are based only on my pre-purchase research (albeit extensive) and my first flight this morning. Very happy pilot here!

Reactions: John N Kronyak III
My first flight
I never flew a Quad until July 2015. Spent about a month researching and tutoring myself. Was very nervous first time and really cautious the first 2 months until I trusted the bird, what with all the reports of fly aways and unexplained crashes. That's my DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. Never had a single problem. I just bought a Yuneec Q500 4K. Haven't flown it yet, but I'll take baby steps for a while when I do.

Last edited:
I'm torn between this cool Yuneec and a Phantom 3 Pro.... Have you got any experience with the Phantom?
I have had a DJI P3A since July. Great machine. Haven't had any problems. If ya' want speed and snappy maneuvering it it is anexcellent performer. If ya wan't TERRIBLE customer service, get a Phantom. Also you'll need an up to date smartphone or tablet for real time viewing. Just bought a Q500 4k but haven't flown it yet. Order either from BH Photo and you can have either in a day or 2 or 3. And their cust. serv. is as good as it gets.

I have had a DJI P3A since July. Great machine. Haven't had any problems. If ya' want speed and snappy maneuvering it it is anexcellent performer. If ya wan't TERRIBLE customer service, get a Phantom. Also you'll need an up to date smartphone or tablet for real time viewing. Just bought a Q500 4k but haven't flown it yet. Order either from BH Photo and you can have either in a day or 2 or 3. And their cust. serv. is as good as it gets.

I have both.

Haha, yes I agree with all of you, they're all wonderful machines. That high definition HDFPV is what is killing me. I don't need crazy range, I just want to rest assured that if I want to go a bit further, I can rely on the fact that range is not an issue. I've been lurking forums and I still just can't make my decision. I still have like 20 days to decide :D
You'll need a set of brass nu*s to take a quad way out past line of sight , unless you have a surplus of cash for a new one in case you lose it or let the battery drain too far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval