Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just What I've Waited For !!!

So how will this work with the H? Or do you need an apple friendly drone?

Bill W.

So how will this work with the H? Or do you need an apple friendly drone?

Bill W.
You can connect your ios device to hdmi of the ST16 ! But it so far will only work with DJI platforms, which is fine for me, as I have all! Plus with the measly 30 foot waiver with Yuneec, I can't use the H at a lot of areas anyways!

Reactions: photomike72
No, the HDMI is just for viewing, only the 16/Wizard will control the H, I am sure they will be out with a Android on for Yuneec and H? Soon !
So this program is no help if you have the H. I dont have any other drones.....i hope yuneec expands on the H versus just creating a whole different H with new features.

Bill W.

Reactions: DroneClone
You can connect your ios device to hdmi of the ST16 ! But it so far will only work with DJI platforms, which is fine for me, as I have all! Plus with the measly 30 foot waiver with Yuneec, I can't use the H at a lot of areas anyways!
@DroneCone, What do you mean by "30 foot waiver"?

After you get your 107 Pilots Certificate, If you need to fly in an area around a Class B, C, D or E airport. Yuneec has GeoFence blocking, which will not let you fly within 3 miles or less of those airport. Your H will not lift off.
You can call Yuneec and request a waiver and fill the form out and they will give you a code to load onto your H via the GUI App and it removes the factory GeoFence, but it only let's you fly up to 30 feet high!, Useless to film a 70 foot tall house for $$$:rolleyes:

I'm curious as well what do you mean by 30 ft. waiver. It is a shame we can't do time release for mapping with the H, it wold life so much easier to create 3D topographic maps...I also own DJI but I'm no longer flying them...Why can't you deal with local airport authorities, that's what some friends of mine have done...That's why I love flying in Iceland....

I'm curious as well what do you mean by 30 ft. waiver. It is a shame we can't do time release for mapping with the H, it wold life so much easier to create 3D topographic maps...I also own DJI but I'm no longer flying them...
Mickey, I could not film a house near Houston for a real estate company, nice house! because they were two miles from a Class C airport. Got the waiver, went to fly and it did, but not over 30 feet high, house was a two story 65 feet from AGL to "A" frame of roof.
Glad I had my P4 with me, cause it has no restrictions on it! One thing I am steering away from Yuneec for in commercial work near airports! I can't even map a farm crop with the H to get up to a minimum of 100" for the mapping software! So In areas near airports, It's back yo DJI

My local airport (KHOT) has a tower, listed as class D, but I talked to the guys who fly the local air ambulance service (there are two hospitals with overlapping airspace as well) and I thought they said the tower was unmanned.

This sucks as the airport is between a mountain and our lake and the shore is covered with nice homes.

My local airport (KHOT) has a tower, listed as class D, but I talked to the guys who fly the local air ambulance service (there are two hospitals with overlapping airspace as well) and I thought they said the tower was unmanned.

This sucks as the airport is between a mountain and our lake and the shore is covered with nice homes.
If Tower is listed as "Closed" then it should be a Class E airport now with the FAA and if Yuneec has any current Geo apps, you should be able to fly outside 3 miles no problem! If not you can get a FAA COA and fly 100" or more even dependant on your needs and FAA's acceptance. The issue is with Yuneec and their little knowledge of the new FAA flight rules for 107 Pilots! Hope they learn and change for us quickly!:(

Reactions: Brent and mwfoshee

Well there should be a local atc in charge of that area you can call.

Bill W.

"listed as closed" is my issue, from the sectional charts, it looks to be open with a tower, the FAA app be4ufly says don't fly as well. I'm planning a trip out tomorrow to check myself.

I could be reading the sectional wrong, I only saw my first one about a month ago, lol.

I will be applying for an FAA waiver to fly regularly at low altitude at my office as it is 4.75 miles from the airport. And I would like to test new firmware, features and camera settings from the office.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval