Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Laws for Flying in State Parks

Reaction score
So had an issue today flying in an area that I had flown previously with no issues. Long story short, I do not know if it is a state park or county park but had a county staff worker come to me and tell me someone complained about me flying a drone. The guy himself said he did not have an issue himself and it was dumb but since someone complained and it was "government property" I had to bring it down. I complied and said ok....I need to find my state laws and see if this was ok to do. I live in Virginia, just wanted to know if someone has ran into a similar issue? Thanks !

I live in Ontario, Canada and can't speak for your situation but can say that I have a beach not far from my house where I often fly my Phantom. No one seems to notice. Last week I took the H out to fly in the same location and suddenly people began to notice it. No complaints that I'm aware of but boats slowed down and people along the beach looked up. I can only guess that the dark colour makes it so much more visible and tends to spook people who think you're spying on them or frightening the wildlife.

At 400 ft and just seeing a dot, it actually looks like a bird as well. No one can hear it either, but again, a lot of people do not understand the nature of the drone and always assume someone is spying on them and what not so that is why I just said ok and landed it.

I live in Ontario, Canada and can't speak for your situation but can say that I have a beach not far from my house where I often fly my Phantom. No one seems to notice. Last week I took the H out to fly in the same location and suddenly people began to notice it. No complaints that I'm aware of but boats slowed down and people along the beach looked up. I can only guess that the dark colour makes it so much more visible and tends to spook people who think you're spying on them or frightening the wildlife.
Hey CD...I'm in Ontario as well...100 mi east of the big smoke

So had an issue today flying in an area that I had flown previously with no issues. Long story short, I do not know if it is a state park or county park but had a county staff worker come to me and tell me someone complained about me flying a drone. The guy himself said he did not have an issue himself and it was dumb but since someone complained and it was "government property" I had to bring it down. I complied and said ok....I need to find my state laws and see if this was ok to do. I live in Virginia, just wanted to know if someone has ran into a similar issue? Thanks !
hi
last year i had a similar experience while flying at a park for over 3 years , no one said a word to me or other flyers , then i was told " you cant' fly here any more " i also complied and packed up and have not returned to that site with my Q , except to run my RC cars and tucks . soon you won't be able to fly any where we will just keep our birds in a cage (box) . if it's a national park it's a NFZ .
fly safe

Reactions: Forrestt
In Texas you have to have pre-approval from the State Park officials before being allowed to fly and even then if anyone complains you have to immediately land as it "interrupts " people's ability to enjoy nature. I can totally understand so I tend to shy away from State Parks. National Parks on the other hand are completely no-fly zones from my understanding.

Reactions: Forrestt
All National parks in the U.S. are indeed NFZ's. You can be slapped with at least a class 3 misdemeanor and a hefty fine. :(

Last edited:
LOL stop spying on your neighbors , just kidding I live in Va too cant fly in parks or around people. I live close to the beach too many people to fly out there and I am in a no fly zone close to the airport and naval base. Found a spot to fly it out Chesapeake Debbies RC nice field out there .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval