Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

LED lampshade removing tool

Reaction score
I usually remove the lampshades with hands but on one of my copters, they are very tight.

So the decision is to prepare a tool to make life easier. Has somebody STL file for this tool or any drawings etc.?

Regards!

I usually remove the lampshades with hands but on one of my copters, they are very tight.

So the decision is to prepare a tool to make life easier. Has somebody STL file for this tool or any drawings etc.?

Regards!
Sorry forget whos who these are H, and H+ I was short ontime ?

Attachments

• 20210420_091218[1].jpg
    20210420_091218[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  • 20210420_091215[1].jpg
    20210420_091215[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
  • 20210420_091211[1].jpg
    20210420_091211[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
If you have design files, will be great.

H is 26 mm, or somerhing near, on the contact place with the tool.

Regards!
Yes, somebody has already made an .stl model:

Hopefully you can track him down and get the file.

Not sure at all. The owner of the file prints tools for sale.

I'll prepare my own design if nobody share it in the next few days.
I'm not seeing where he said he was selling them. On page 1, he offered to send him the stl file:

jannislh wrote:​

"Do you have access to a 3D printer? I could create a suitable part and send you the stl file so you can print it youself."

Reactions: Steve Carr
I'm not seeing where he said he was selling them.
Found the message. My apologizes. But it's dated somewhere in far 2019, so to try to find it, to explain what I'm asking for and so on... Better and faster for me will be to prepare my own.

Somewhere I saw a wooden block with three nails, which also was called "a removing tool", but this is not for me ;)

• Haha
Reactions: h-elsner
A tool is much easier, that's for certain.

I reconfigured a 480 to Standard Navigation Lighting. Used large, 90º needlenose pliers to very carefully grip and remove the lampshade. The biggest thing to know is just how short the twist is. It's surprisingly short.

I removed and installed more than 60 lampshades with my fingers only. The procedure is not confortable. The last try was without success. No idea why. So, I'll print a tool.

Probably the final decision. I'll not print for now, because I did the job with the ugly one.

Attachments

• H480 Lampshade remover.jpg
    H480 Lampshade remover.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Nesher
I'll share it for free here. Just give me some time to slice and print the final version and check one more time all dimensions.

I'll hold you informed about the progress.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig