Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

LED Light Questions

Reaction score
Hello Again..
Still trying to set my H..
What do these LED Flashes mean?
All Calibrations Done, Fully Charged Battery
Controller on, in Angle Mode
OA off
H on and props spinning
LED Flashes Purple, quick white, then Long Orange repeats?

Next Stop props and long Purple quicki White..
The only sequence like that is GPS Disabled but the chart says Blinks Purple (1 Flash per second)

Last Question involves the green arrow...
Again Controller on
Props Spinning
Standing behind the H ( about 12 ft) and the green arrow points away from me and the H to thew top of the screen.
If I move off to the right side, the green arrow will move and point to the lower right side of the screen.
If I understand the green arrow meaning, it should point to the controller so I know what direction to fly home.
When I move back to behind the H, it changes to point forward again, to the top of the screen.

Edit. I should add that everything I am checking is with out the camera and Gimbal Attached.
I want to learn to fly this thing so I don't break the gimbal again!

Thanks for all the help, when I understand everything, maybe I'll actually take off !
I'm sure I'll post more as I time goes on...

I think Yuneec should borrow TY for some How To Videos !

Last edited:
Thanks FV..
It does not show that on the LED Chart.
Angle Mode with GPS Lock shows "Glows Solid Purple"

I thought is was Angle Mode WITHOUT GPS Lock
The one on the chart that says Blinks Purple then Off

Thanks FV..

LED chart is out of date. It'll prolly be updated for later Typhoons

Atomic are you inside or under something?i don't presume to know your finances but go to a hobby store, Wal-Mart and get a cheap quad. Charge up the battery and fly the Haden's out of it. Large field, 20 ft high, do squares,figure 8s forward back, left right. Do this until your thumbs are trained bout a min of a week. Now you are ready for TH.

Dragon..
I have a Phantom that I have been using.
I have been flying for a while...Well over 150 flights all over the place !
In All modes.
Never had a problem or crashed that one !
The Typhoon seams to be a little tricky and Finikey.
I had it in for a RMA because of the Toilet Bowl Effect and just got it back and am trying to learn
all about it before I fly...

Ok. Have you done a compass and accelerometer calibration?
Look at the light in the back. You want it to be purple with a flash of white . Do not have obstical avoid on. In a large field take off go up to bout 12 ft turn it around look at the screen. But mainly TH. When you are comfortable you can do more. But most everything bout one or two batts. Fly safe.

The chart is not up to date. Purple is Angle mode, Green is Smart mode, white is GPS lock. So if it flashes Purple/White you are in Angle mode with enough satellites for GPS lock. Orange means the compass needs calibration. Once you get a good compass cal don't bother doing it again unless you see the orange light.
The green arrow shows you which way to move the right stick to bring the bird back to you. If it's pointing straight up then the camera is facing you (if the gimbal is locked in the forward position). You would push the right stick up to fly it back to you.

Hello Again..
OA off
H on and props spinning

The only sequence like that is GPS Disabled but the chart says Blinks Purple (1 Flash per second)

Again Controller on
Props Spinning
Standing behind the H ( about 12 ft) and the green arrow points away from me and the H to thew top of the screen.
If I move off to the right side, the green arrow will move and point to the lower right side of the screen.
If I understand the green arrow meaning, it should point to the controller so I know what direction to fly home.
When I move back to behind the H, it changes to point forward again, to the top of the screen.

Edit. I should add that everything I am checking is with out the camera and Gimbal Attached.

Thanks for all the help, when I understand everything, maybe I'll actually take off !

Hello Again..
OA off
H on and props spinning

Again Controller on
Props Spinning

My H is similar...
watch video...
Original battery is normal..
but other battery cannot hover normaly...
Hello Again..
OA off
H on and props spinning

Again Controller on
Props Spinning

I have similar problem....
this pattern is not in maual...
I cannot hover normally..
Original battery is normal..
Different battery is not..
when throttle is up....orange led can see...
All callibration did..

Attachments

• 20160804_104258.jpg
    20160804_104258.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I also have an issue with the GPS on my Typhoon H or at least I think it's with the GPS

The H is in an open space, I have GPS lock in both Smart and Angle modes for a short time. I have steady green or purple. The H shows 13/14 satillites and the controller 11. While still in the same position, on the ground, this changes to 3 flashes both green and purple - GPS lock lost. After a short time the indicator light starts flashing 1 green, 1 white or 1 purple, 1 white depending on the mode selected. I don't see any mention of the latter flashing sequence on the Q card.

While these light changes are taking place the H is not moved

Any suggestions please.

Hello Again..

From TYPHOON-H-USER-MANUAL-V1.1.pdf:

"NOTICE: White blink between solid flight mode indicates enough satellites for Watch Me/Follow Me."

Thanks FV..

Well the chart says long purple (constant) and on the far DOWN it says white indicates enough sattelites for follow me etc.
you can download that chart on the yuneec website if yours is outdated.

@Yuneec Pilot
The LED chart is out of date and wrong.
If you have the latest firmware.
In angle mode: LED solid purple aircraft has a GPS location fix.
When the ST-16 has GPS location fix. The tail light will be purple, white flash, purple. ( You are safe to fly in all modes)
If in SMART mode tail light will be green with a white flash.
In RTH mode tail light will be red with a white flash.
The Orange flash means that your compass needs to be recalibrated.
We hope Yuneec will supply us with a new color chart.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Hello All Again !
Just saw this latest post with my User name...
Boy its been a while since I wrote this in!
I remember when I wrote this, I Was Nervous as ****,
Yuneec eventually replaced my original Typhoon, and the new one's been flying great !.

I have just over 42 Hours of flight time and 147 flights so far in numerous locations!
Not one problem ! I can get just over 5200 feet if I am over flat areas or the valley, with my longest distance at 9200 ft !
Bone Stock...
I almost always fly in angle mode, return to home works Great!
I played with the different flight modes, but don't find any use for them as yet.
Video display has been fine for what I use it for.
I have not updated beyond ver 03.01.b22 because everything works ! (if everything works, don't fix it !)
Only new feature I would like is the RTH mode that turns the H around to face home when returning !

.....and everyone on this forum has been fantastic when help is needed !

Only new feature I would like is the RTH mode that turns the H around to face home when returning !

.....and everyone on this forum has been fantastic when help is needed !
Doesn't it?? At the newer firmware versions, the H immediately turns to face home when you flick the switch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval