Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

LED Lights for the H

Reaction score
Just bought these from the supermarket ( LIDL ) for £1.79 for the pair complete with batteries. See attached - they are extremely bright and can be easily seen at distance - and are a perfect fit for the H.. Got to be a bargain, I couldn't buy the batteries for that.

DSC_0378.JPG

Just bought these from the supermarket ( LIDL ) for £1.79 for the pair complete with batteries. See attached - they are extremely bright and can be easily seen at distance - and are a perfect fit for the H.. Got to be a bargain, I couldn't buy the batteries for that.

View attachment 10469
Interesting. Are they on an offer? What do they weigh? Do the have a name?

£1.79 seems a bargain...perfect for a tight bugger like me.

I may just pop along to the nearest Lidl store on Monday. They'd be great for orientation and the 'looks cool' factor.

View attachment 10469
Just been out this morning to get a couple of sets. I first went to the Lidl in Chadderton, Oldham, but they didn't have them, so I went to the one in Royton. They still had loads of them.

I bought two sets...one set for the H and a set for the Phantom. I've just unpackaged one set and tested it. Pretty good! Not up to full luminosity specs for aviation...you'd never be able to see them from 3 miles away, but they look good enough to maintain good orientation to the maximum distance allowed for drones in the U.K.: 500m.

I recon I've just increased my VLOS distance by a couple of hundred feet!

Thanks for the heads up. I'd never have known about them if not for your post.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Just been out this morning to get a couple of sets. I first went to the Lidl in Chadderton, Oldham, but they didn't have them, so I went to the one in Royton. They still had loads of them.

I bought two sets...one set for the H and a set for the Phantom. I've just unpackaged one set and tested it. Pretty good! Not up to full luminosity specs for aviation...you'd never be able to see them from 3 miles away, but they look good enough to maintain good orientation to the maximum distance allowed for drones in the U.K.: 500m.

I recon I've just increased my VLOS distance by a couple of hundred feet!

Thanks for the heads up. I'd never have known about them if not for your post.

Do you suppose I can buy them in the USA ?
What exactly do you call them ?
Thanks
Keith Kuhn

Do you suppose I can buy them in the USA ?
What exactly do you call them ?
Thanks
Keith Kuhn
No idea if you can get them in the states, Keith.

They are called 'Crivit Led Light Set'.

I have tested them but it was a bright sunny day so you couldn't see them more than a couple of hundred feet away, but I expect that they'll be far more visible on a cloudier day or when the daylight isn't so bright. I have to say that they weren't quite as good as I expected but better than having nothing. I suppose that at the price I can't grumble and I do expect them to come into their own on not so bright a day.

View attachment 10469
I found a set of these at Walmart and had a Schwinn Brand name on the . Made for bikes and I’ve seen I few bikes on the road on my way work using them and you could see the bike a good ways off.

I bought one set for ten bucks and it came with one red and one white and has 3 modes .

Although they won’t pass for the 3 mile visibility requirement they work perfect for me to spot the drone and be be able at a glance which way it’s pointing . I loose site of it a lot when I am at tree level.

Going to do some exploring tomorrow so going to see how well they look if I find something interesting to film.

No idea if you can get them in the states, Keith.

They are called 'Crivit Led Light Set'.

I have tested them but it was a bright sunny day so you couldn't see them more than a couple of hundred feet away, but I expect that they'll be far more visible on a cloudier day or when the daylight isn't so bright. I have to say that they weren't quite as good as I expected but better than having nothing. I suppose that at the price I can't grumble and I do expect them to come into their own on not so bright a day.
Thanks
I will check with eBay and different
Sorcesr to see what I can do.
I found a set of these at Walmart and had a Schwinn Brand name on the . Made for bikes and I’ve seen I few bikes on the road on my way work using them and you could see the bike a good ways off.

I bought one set for ten bucks and it came with one red and one white and has 3 modes .

Although they won’t pass for the 3 mile visibility requirement they work perfect for me to spot the drone and be be able at a glance which way it’s pointing . I loose site of it a lot when I am at tree level.

Going to do some exploring tomorrow so going to see how well they look if I find something interesting to film.

Thanks
I will be On the hunt for them now. Do they clip on or do you strap them on or what is the method for attaching them ?
Keith

Thanks
I will check with eBay and different
Sorcesr to see what I can do.

Thanks
I will be On the hunt for them now. Do they clip on or do you strap them on or what is the method for attaching them ?
Keith
They include their own rubber strap . Fits snugly on the land gear or an arm

I looked on eBay they had something similar but I think it was too big because it came with 3 AAA batteries so I know that cannot be the one.
The ones they showing your picture but very small and petite, and lightweight.
Now I will continue to shop.

View attachment 10469

I see these lights at Walmart and also on eBay I must double check to make sure I don't order the wrong

These are bike lights and are pretty common online. Also available on Amazon. You can knock the weight down by taking the light module out of the rubber housing and affixing using mounting tape, velcro or super glue (if you feel a need for permanence). They use button batteries per usual. I use them... on my kid's bicycle. Pretty bright, good repurpose, should help VLOS for sure.

These are bike lights and are pretty common online. Also available on Amazon. You can knock the weight down by taking the light module out of the rubber housing and affixing using mounting tape, velcro or super glue (if you feel a need for permanence). They use button batteries per usual. I use them... on my kid's bicycle. Pretty bright, good repurpose, should help VLOS for sure.

I will be checking into them more thoroughly Keith Kuhn

View attachment 10469

Can you please tell me how many LEDs this particular one has ?
Thanks. Keith Kuhn

Hello again
Does yours have 2 LEDs or 3 LEDs thank you
Keith Kuhn

Do these affect video at all. Do you see any of the flashing going on?

You can also set the light to non flashing steady. I just purchased these lights on eBay mainly for
Evening flying. Mine was called Schwinn LED snake light.
You get two units, each light fixture has two LEDs . Only $8 with free shipping.
Keith

I got my LED lights from eBay.
when label is called LED snake light.
$8 for the pair I will test them tonight.
View attachment 10469

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my