Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lipo batteries

Reaction score
Hi
After reading a lot about the lipo batteries and how volatile they can be it amazes me that they can be sold quite frankly
Question is should I be doing anything special with them when in storage or even should they be stored separate from the flight case and possibly in a metal container
Must admit a little worried about this.
I suppose it's not all of them that just go up in flames!
Thanks in advance

They're everywhere, they're everywhere! In electric cars (big cars, ha), your cell phone, many cameras, etc.
Biggest difference from other batteries is that they MUST NOT be discharged too low or charged too high.

This is a good read about LIPOs: A Guide to Understanding LiPo Batteries
Treat them as you should and you'll have no trouble.

Dont worry too much about Lipo batteries. If they were as dangerous as they seem, they would not be sold around the world as they are right now.

I have ketp 3x 3S Hyperion batteries at 3.8v/cell for over two years now and they havent exploded. I checked voltage yesterday and some cells are still at 3.8v, some others are at 3.75v. They are not even puffed.

Dont worry much about Lipos, just dont overcharge them or let them discharge below 3.2v per cell.

I'm about to go overseas for about 2 and a half weeks and therefor will not be taking the yuneec. How would you suggest I keep the batteries safe in that almost 3 weeks I'm away?

Shall I run them both down as per normal flying, then half charge them into a storage state? I have no way to check what is left in them but working on an assumption that charging takes about 2 hours I think 1 hour of charge?

Is that correct?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amazon global selling