Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lipo battery?

To clarify... you have the original 8 AA battery Steady Grip, correct? And you want to replace it with a LiPo? That requires a modification of the grip itself:

LiPo Mod - Steady Grip

or do you mean a replacement battery for the Action Cam with a built-in LiPo?

Because of Yuneec's history of not being reliable in e-mail communication, I would call them at
their main sales number... (844) 343-9966... just because a part is not listed on their site, does not necessarily mean it cannot be ordered.

Nope the silver one, for cgo3 it takes lipo already.
It is an Li-on not a Lipo. It is specific to the grip and they are as rare as hens teeth, (right next to Unattainium on the periodic table), I doubt you will find one. You will most likely need to replace it with a Lipo that will fit. However unlike the Li-on, you cannot leave the Lipo charged up all the time.

Does anybody know of a battery that fits it? Vertigo drones said they might be able to get one from Yuneec wharehouse so we will see. thanks

Here is my modification using a 2200 2S Zippy compact. Fits into the space without issue.

Attachments

• zippy.jpg
    zippy.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: lumbrjak49
If you have a batteries plus location in your city, have them build you one. they have built many batteries for me. :)

I also adapted a 3s battery and it is working very well. A very nice mod!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval