Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lipo Guard

Reaction score
Hi I have seen a lot of Lipo Guard "bags" on the market with many/various manufactures can someone point me in the direction of a recommenced manufacture/supplier as there are many fakes out there - thank you

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Reaction score
Hi I have seen a lot of Lipo Guard "bags" on the market with many/various manufactures can someone point me in the direction of a recommenced manufacture/supplier as there are many fakes out there - thank you

I like and use the Aocyon
Look at my YouTube video
KK Motion Pictures
Best lipo bag Aocyon

Reaction score
It doesn't look like that one's available anymore.

Just try Googling best lipo bags see what comes up.
Keith Kuhn

WTFDproject

Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Lots of folks prefer Ammo cans for charging/storage. You can find discussions on the Forum about that, if you want to consider it.

There are some LiPo bag comparison videos on YouTube. This one is a "Part 2". In the part one, they discussed a lot of design specifics to look for (and some others to avoid).
"
"

Reaction score
Lots of folks prefer Ammo cans for charging/storage. You can find discussions on the Forum about that, if you want to consider it.

There are some LiPo bag comparison videos on YouTube. This one is a "Part 2". In the part one, they discussed a lot of design specifics to look for (and some others to avoid).
"
"

I would recommand ammo cans as well. The LiPo Bags in many cases are not a real protection but something to feel good. They are usually rated for very small batteries only. Even the larger ones are not even suitable for a single Typhoon H battery. If you want to be 100% safe, you should buy a "bat-safe".

This product for example is just fine: Bat-Safe LiPo Battery Charging Safe Box
I am not a huge hobbyking fand but since they are available all over the world, it is the best I can offer to you.

Since those dedicated bat-safes are very expensive, many people buy ammo cans. They are fireproof, leightweight and ment to withstand small explosions. Since they are usually water tight, it is important to drill a hole in them so gases can escape and no pressure is build up inside. I just found that some people are even spray painting and selling them for three times the usual price. A 200 round 7.62 can will fit three batteries just fine.

Reaction score
I would recommand ammo cans as well. The LiPo Bags in many cases are not a real protection but something to feel good. They are usually rated for very small batteries only. Even the larger ones are not even suitable for a single Typhoon H battery. If you want to be 100% safe, you should buy a "bat-safe".

This product for example is just fine: Bat-Safe LiPo Battery Charging Safe Box
I am not a huge hobbyking fand but since they are available all over the world, it is the best I can offer to you.

Since those dedicated bat-safes are very expensive, many people buy ammo cans. They are fireproof, leightweight and ment to withstand small explosions. Since they are usually water tight, it is important to drill a hole in them so gases can escape and no pressure is build up inside. I just found that some people are even spray painting and selling them for three times the usual price. A 200 round 7.62 can will fit three batteries just fine.

Yes I have a ammo case as well works great for storing batteries

Reaction score
I really appreciate all the folks responding, however that all I can legally get in the UK for now until we leave the EU (Thank You Lord) at the end of the year, I have ordered I Hobby Mate , will advise if there are issues will charge the batteries outside----Just incase

Reaction score

"
"
ammo cans have worked for me for years...

Reaction score
Hey Paw
Do you also charge the batteries in your ammo box ?

Or just carry or store them in there ?
I would not recommand to charge them inside a container of any kind. They will generate more heat which increses the risk of a malfunction. The best solution is simply charging them on a incombustible surface like stone or ceramic. Both are also non-conductive which is a good thing when handling batteries. The very best would be a baking dish since the battery cant "escape" even if it catches on fire and creates a lot of gases which might propell it away from a simple ceramic tile.

Reactions: Pawel_(PL)
Reaction score
Hey Paw
Do you also charge the batteries in your ammo box ?

Or just carry or store them in there ?
Hi, just store and carry.

Have tried once or twice to charge batteries in the box but didn't feel good with this idea.
@jannislh expressed clearly what bothered me.
I charge my batteries sitting them on a piece of plasterboard and let them breath. Should put them inside a spacious ceramic or sth. block maybe...

Reaction score
Hi, just store and carry.

Have tried once or twice to charge batteries in the box but didn't feel good with this idea.
@jannislh expressed clearly what bothered me.
I charge my batteries sitting them on a piece of plasterboard and let them breath. Should put them inside a spacious ceramic or sth. block maybe...

Store & Carry
sounds good to me.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heiko-123