Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Litchi for the H?

Would you purchase Litchi if it was made available for the H?

• Yes

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Any reason they couldn't? They certainly support the Android platform. I, for one, would love to see support for the H in Litchi. What about you?

Nah, I don't have a need for it. I've got a Phantom and while its available to for it, I've just not found a reason or need for it....

Thanks for the comparison. I've seen other videos of people using CCC and it too was nice and smooth. Interesting though as the other poster pointed out the camera quality difference. The CGO is pretty bad when directly compared...

The cable cam in Litchi pales in comparison to the H's CCC IMO.

Can you Negative Nancys please stop hijacking threads about one subject with your continual barrage of the same old, same old? Geez.......enough is enough!

Very clever DerStig, add your vomit into the quote so someone cannot point out the crap you continue to spew.

I can't see the point in having the best camera bar none if it can't point at the subject properly in the task.

Can you Negative Nancys please stop hijacking threads about one subject with your continual barrage of the same old, same old? Geez.......enough is enough!

Very clever DerStig, add your vomit into the quote so someone cannot point out the crap you continue to spew.

Because deflection is an art in derailing threads.

The cable cam in Litchi pales in comparison to the H's CCC IMO.

Litchi is a waypoint manager where you can pre-program a mission
using Google maps and is a very useful and fun App, I used it many times.

But it will never be as accurate as flying the mission first using CCC because
the GPS coordinates from the Google map are not that accurate.

They can easily be 10 to 20 feet off so small objects would be hard to track.

Using DJI's built in mission planner would yield the same accuracy as Yuneec's CCC
as you have to run the mission first.

Litchi is a waypoint manager where you can pre-program a mission
using Google maps and is a very useful and fun App, I used it many times.

But it will never be as accurate as flying the mission first using CCC because
the GPS coordinates from the Google map are not that accurate.

They can easily be 10 to 20 feet off so small objects would be hard to track.

Using DJI's built in mission planner would yield the same accuracy as Yuneec's CCC
as you have to run the mission first.

True but DJI's Go app will not control the gimbal tilt; Solo is still #1 for CC.

True but DJI's Go app will not control the gimbal tilt; Solo is still #1 for CC.

It's all in the number crunching which the PH2 can easily do because it has a companion processor. It is also much easier to program special flight modes. The DJI boyz just don't get it.

Did you hear DJI just got 'continue mission' option available for tx disconnect? Funny how people think DJI has been the leader when they've actually been playing catch-up for 3 years.

Reactions: abinder

Never owned a Solo drone but have heard good things about them.

I was just trying to point out the mission accuracy in the video is not Litchi, Yuneec or DJI's fault but where you are getting your GPS coordinates from.

Did you hear DJI just got 'continue mission' option available for tx disconnect? Funny how people think DJI has been the leader when they've actually been playing catch-up for 3 years.

I did that years ago with my APM's :)

Reactions: Brent
Until Yuneec updates the ST16's firmware to allow a full Google Play Service integration, it's unlikely we will see many app developers target the Typhoon H. I'm really hoping Yuneec understands this and does something about it. Yes - you can root the ST16 to get the Play Store to work, but that's just not a feasable answer for 95+% of customers.

Autopilot will control the gimbal

Both Litchi and Autopilot control the gimbal, until recently very poorly.

Recently Autopilot CC looks very good as Igor has shown over at RCG; but because it is processed differently it's still not quite up to Solo's standard. In addition Autopilot is an SDK app not supported by DJI. Yuneec's CCC works very good IMO but many have issues with the camera.

For what I do my camera works good enough. I do not seem to have the barrel distortion many have, maybe a little blurring in the edges.

True about Google Play - it's no good spending weeks working hard on a useful app if there is no easy way for people to install it, or pay for your efforts.

The other reason for Yuneec being slow to open the platform may be that the app they supply stores signed telemetry files. So if you have a crash, or something unexpected happened, they can ask you to send in the controller and they know for certain that they can see exactly what you were doing when it went wrong. A third party app may not have been tested as well, and certainly won't store reliable telemetry files, so they can't tell what happened. They're pretty well known for being good at replacing broken kit, and having good telemetry probably helps them do that.

It's also the case that testing software in a large flying robot is rather difficult. Whilst it's possible to reverse engineer the behaviour of the platform, it's really not easy to be sure you've got everything right in every case. Curved Cable Cam is a great example - the H doesn't simply move predictably from one waypoint to the next and can travel meters from the straight line route you started with. It would be very easy to design a route that looks safe but flies into a building, or the ground. So I'm sure they don't really want to endorse just anyone writing apps for the H if it meant that users ended up with bad experiences.

True about Google Play - it's no good spending weeks working hard on a useful app if there is no easy way for people to install it, or pay for your efforts.

The other reason for Yuneec being slow to open the platform may be that the app they supply stores signed telemetry files. So if you have a crash, or something unexpected happened, they can ask you to send in the controller and they know for certain that they can see exactly what you were doing when it went wrong. A third party app may not have been tested as well, and certainly won't store reliable telemetry files, so they can't tell what happened. They're pretty well known for being good at replacing broken kit, and having good telemetry probably helps them do that.

It's also the case that testing software in a large flying robot is rather difficult. Whilst it's possible to reverse engineer the behaviour of the platform, it's really not easy to be sure you've got everything right in every case. Curved Cable Cam is a great example - the H doesn't simply move predictably from one waypoint to the next and can travel meters from the straight line route you started with. It would be very easy to design a route that looks safe but flies into a building, or the ground. So I'm sure they don't really want to endorse just anyone writing apps for the H if it meant that users ended up with bad experiences.

First of all, the key for the signed telemetry files is stored inside the FlightMode.apk. A very lousy way to secure data. On the other hand, installing apps on an android devices does not necessarily require Google Play on the device. It can also be done with the Yuneec GUI.

But you are right in general, I would not risk any damage to my copter because I implemented a wrong behaviour in my apps. I don't believe that Yuneec will ever release a SDK which allow to take control over the copter. However, it would be fine for me, if I could at least read the telemetry from the ST10+ without removing the SD card or forward the video signal from the remote to a connected smartphone. This way, you could easily manage far distance connections with mobile devices.

Anyway, the camera API is almost completely known and if I had an typhoon H, I believe, that I could also manage it to find out the protocol for the 360 gimbal. I think, that the second radio only connects to the camera rather than the copter. This means, that the camera is able to send commands to the gimbal. The code proves that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval