Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

live steaming possible?

Yuneec has not developed a similar application. Since the video stream would have to be relayed over a cellular network and the ST-16S is not cellular capable it will not be possible to achieve the same.

You could check with 3DR and see if they are working on a similar capability with the H520-G that uses an ST-10 (no imbedded Android tablet) along with an iPad for control. That system could be capable of live streaming.

It appears that there is capability to live stream built into the SDK, but I don’t know of anyone that has developed an app for iOS or Android the allows connection to the cameras used by the H520 with the ability to live stream.

My suggestion at this point would be to call Yuneec Sales at one of the EU offices and see if they can offer any suggestions. Go to the Yuneec website and scroll to the bottom then select an appropriate region. Then telephone information should be available for Sales and Customer Support.

Reactions: aedronix
The problem is not the application since the VLC can be used. The problem is that the type of wifi used by Yuneec is type A and few devices use that specification, is an old specification that hasn't been used in a long time. . If you have a device that supports that type of wifi you have already done it since with VLC, putting this url, you have it.

rtsp://192.168.42.1/live

Reactions: DoomMeister
The problem is not the application since the VLC can be used. The problem is that the type of wifi used by Yuneec is type A and few devices use that specification, is an old specification that hasn't been used in a long time. . If you have a device that supports that type of wifi you have already done it since with VLC, putting this url, you have it.

Meaning I just need a phone that can connect via WIFI with the E90, and use VLC on the android device?

That's right, but it has to be wifi "IEEE 802.11a". And this is where the problem lies. The iPhones usually have it, on Android it's a lot more complicated.

Reactions: aedronix
That's right, but it has to be wifi "IEEE 802.11a". And this is where the problem lies. The iPhones usually have it, on Android it's a lot more complicated.

And in VLC I need to put the http-link of my youtube/facebook-live-streaming-channel as destination? what about login etc?

I don't know how that goes anymore, but first see the video image and once you see it, share it anyway you can do it with a screen capture, or I don't know.

With streaming programs like OBS Studio, which apart from being free is very complete, you can probably get it.

Reactions: morry
I don't know how that goes anymore, but first see the video image and once you see it, share it anyway you can do it with a screen capture, or I don't know.

With streaming programs like OBS Studio, which apart from being free is very complete, you can probably get it.

Weird. My moto G4 should have IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n . So it should be fine, yet it doesn't see the E90 wifi when scanning. So I can't connect to the camera...

No, I quickly looked up the specs of that phone on the internet and it tells me this:

WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot

It must be "a" or comply with IEEE 802.11a. I spent days looking for a wifi device and there are very few possibilities. I don't think it's changed today, on the contrary, it's gotten worse. I bought a Tv-box that had them and found that it worked well.

P.D.: By the way, that's another thing I told you I was going to teach you and I haven't done it yet. I'm sorry ?

Reactions: morry and aedronix
If your phone is capable to connect, these are the streaming adresses:

RGB Stream

Thermal stream on CGO ET
rtsp://192.168.42.1:8554/live

If anyone knows the RTSP adress / port number for the E10t thermal stream, you’ll get a big hug. I am unable to figure it out.

Regards,

Sven

No, I quickly looked up the specs of that phone on the internet and it tells me this:

WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot

It must be "a" or comply with IEEE 802.11a. I spent days looking for a wifi device and there are very few possibilities. I don't think it's changed today, on the contrary, it's gotten worse. I bought a Tv-box that had them and found that it worked well.

P.D.: By the way, that's another thing I told you I was going to teach you and I haven't done it yet. I'm sorry ?

So the OnePlus 7T should be able to get the image as it is has 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4G/5G ?

In case, as you say, it has the A-band, it should work without any problem.

Yes I get the image on ST16s and on my phone using VLC for Android.

Now only the question persists how I can get the live image from my phone via VLC to youtube live stream for others to see when they are not on the site... If anyone has an idea, don't hesitate to tell me ;-)

@MrEd and @arruntus : THANKS!!!

Select the source of emission what you receive from the drone. So rtsp://192.168.42.1/live

I haven't tried it and I've never tried it, but I think you can. In this video he explains the concepts.

Select the source of emission what you receive from the drone. So rtsp://192.168.42.1/live

I haven't tried it and I've never tried it, but I think you can. In this video he explains the concepts.

thanks. yet it explains it for a laptop, not from a smartphone. My idea was to be able to stream the image directly towards customers that are located away from the site. E.g.:

If your phone is capable to connect, these are the streaming adresses:

RGB Stream

Thermal stream on CGO ET
rtsp://192.168.42.1:8554/live

If anyone knows the RTSP adress / port number for the E10t thermal stream, you’ll get a big hug. I am unable to figure it out.

Regards,

Sven
Did you manage to stream the thermal video from a E10t? If yes, how

Although not streaming directly to a social media account. I am currently pursuing a "live stream" to TV for audience view via the following HDMI Transmitter. It takes the HDMI out from controller and displays it on a tv inside a conference room. (Restriction is line of sight for the tx/rx) Perhaps it could be piped into a laptop/pc for your social media streaming needs.. Cosmo C1 updated (2x cost) has direct usb output for streaming... Review here

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop