Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Load Lift Operations

Reaction score

LLO is inevitable...

I don't know many things, but I do know the more work the Typhoon H can do the more it may pay you back and more it will grow in this direction. AMAZON??? No, you can do it before Bezos Billions can.

First Study Chapter 10 Section F
https://www.uscg.mil/history/aviation/docs/2011_HeloOpsManual_CIM_3710_2E.pdf

Or, the equivalent and of similar seriousness.

I assist in Mining Operations and a topic came up. Can you make that toy do something more than just take pretty pictures? Of course, I said yes. It will be outside of the intended design and require additional ingenuity and good manufacturing. What would you like it to do? I received the answer; It sits and returns like my dog. Can it fetch things? Like a roll of duct tape or a can of oil? Well, I am working on it and I have done some testing and was planning to design a lift tray and a spoke or spar safety retainer for the Typhoon H. So, I tried a tethered cable to a cross cable span affixed to the Landing Gear skids and lifted some Tape rolls as queried. This is the first of many test flights for drone LLO. Enjoy, comment, critique and be safe!

Ming Lou has many videos on this very subject.

And then there are these dumb kids playing with coconuts

Coconut dropped from 300+ feet!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KBflyer
Flying Junkie,

I knew it!!! Yes, lets collect more like this. And demonstrate more Safe and Controlled flight. Its not what you do it is how it is observed and by whom that makes a huge difference for the future.
Great!!
Thanks!

You had to know that it was just a matter of time before some blooming idiot dropped a freakin' COCONUT from one of these things! :D

FAA.... Sec. 91.15 — Dropping objects.
No pilot in command of a civil aircraft may allow any object to be dropped from that aircraft in flight that creates a hazard to persons or property. However, this section does not prohibit the dropping of any object if reasonable precautions are taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property.

I believe a permit is needed as well. If person or property is damaged it may be prosecuted as a felony.

Lots of opinions posted when i first found this video on Youtube, one of the most popular was if it has a fly away how will they stop it from killing someone with that coconut hanging there. Second was their concern that someone will start dropping coconuts on the white house lawn. I'm Canadian and actually found that concern the funniest.
Looked like those kids had a closed environment and conducted their tests safely. Of course there was no warning label not to try this at home so that might make them irresponsible young adults who just wanted to have some fun. If you can say you never did that you never lived life :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval