Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Long term durability of H

Reaction score
I have had my H a little over a month now with over 100 flights.

I am starting to see some wear and tear on some parts already.

A couple of my prop arms are getting a little sloppy, not much
but enough where I am starting to see a jello effect in the video.

After inspecting the prop arms I see it is just a screw going through
a plastic hinge and the fit is no longer tight.

Now one of the fans in the ST16 has started to make a screeching sound
like the bearing are giving up.

One of the legs on the landing gear keeps sticking and I have to raise it
up and down a few times to get it to lower or retract.

I have not crashed this bird yet or even had a hard landing.

I think there are to many moving parts on the H and it's long
term durability is questionable.

I will call Yuneec and see what they say, might be time for a rebuild.

Anybody else seen any problems not related to a crash?

Not yet.

I don't know. Just got mine basically, but I can tell you this. If 100 flights is all we can get out of them before we have to start doing expensive PM, their longevity is going to be very short-lived, unfortunately. :(

I have had my H a little over a month now with over 100 flights.

I am starting to see some wear and tear on some parts already.

A couple of my prop arms are getting a little sloppy, not much
but enough where I am starting to see a jello effect in the video.

After inspecting the prop arms I see it is just a screw going through
a plastic hinge and the fit is no longer tight.

Now one of the fans in the ST16 has started to make a screeching sound
like the bearing are giving up.

One of the legs on the landing gear keeps sticking and I have to raise it
up and down a few times to get it to lower or retract.

I have not crashed this bird yet or even had a hard landing.

I think there are to many moving parts on the H and it's long
term durability is questionable.

I will call Yuneec and see what they say, might be time for a rebuild.

Anybody else seen any problems not related to a crash?

I've had mine a little over a month as well with a little over a hundred flights as well. I'm having the exact same problems as you, as well as my props are wearing out at the hub's considerably and my two batteries are losing their flight time longevity.

I have none of these problems, if I do Yuneec will be the first to know it.

I've had mine a little over a month as well with a little over a hundred flights as well. I'm having the exact same problems as you, as well as my props are wearing out at the hub's considerably and my t batteries are losing their flight time longevity

nothing is for life

No, but 100 flights is ridiculous for what are, essentially, major overhauls. There's no excuse to have to replace anything after only 100 flights, especially something requiring major surgery to do so.

I have planes and helicopters that have hundreds of flights on them where I haven't done anything except charge a battery and add fuel.

I understand that but it's only been a month. Other than that stuff, the camera issues, and my landing gear not coming down every time, I love my H. It's awesome!

Not very encouraging info. Prior to buying my "H" I wondered about the durability of the arms being unfolded and folded repeatedly. I wonder when doing their design or prototyping they put it on some machine that repeatedly folded and unfolded the arms to see how many cycles before they became loose or broke...

I spoke with Yuneec today and these guys are taking a major beating on the H. I'm dealing with a malfunction that ended in an unrecoverable H but, Yuneec I think has good intentions but for any company to be successful they have to sell there product. After doing some research on sales volumes and demographics for the H. It seems that around Jun 19-21 there was a huge drop in sales and I mean HUGE!!!!!.... That is nearing a month and the sales have steadily dropped for Yuneec. This is right before they plan to release the Pro version which no one will want if the Standard version flopped. Best Buy has the H as not in stock online and that's not good. There are tons of H's for sale on Ebay,Amazon ect... and no one is biting. I'm not sure how this will end but,,, The H was awesome while it lasted... I have video of this bird performing in ways no other drone can compare... However it was the 3rd flight using the wizard that did it in. We are going to use the H again because it does work. It worries me to see these type of wear problems because we only had about 35 real flights,,,, before it bit the dust or dipped in the drink,,, We can't help Yuneec no matter how much some of us like the H and they are definitely in a bind now... I see a recall on the way due to safety reasons... These are registered air craft and have numerous flaws that could cause safety problems. Especially if the parts are failing so soon. They have a 6 month warranty and you guys are at 100 flights in one month.. That's a long way from what I would expect... This is my .02

Can only see two for sale used on ebay is that "tons"?
One in UK and one in US. UK one has 45 bids so plenty of "bites"
despite the ST16 not working.
Not doubting you, just saying, that's the search result I get..
I had problems with my H but I am still in love.
The thing flies so well compared to my f550, its magic.

I understand that but it's only been a month. Other than that stuff, the camera issues, and my landing gear not coming down every time, I love my H. It's awesome!
Do you fold and refold the arms a lot?not looking to blame anything on you,just curious if it might be a problem?

Do you fold and refold the arms a lot?not looking to blame anything on you,just curious if it might be a problem?
Mine sits happily in the foam with the lid off and the arms out most of the time.
I have about twenty batteries done and zero wear I can detect
and I have been flying quite aggressively. So far so good.
I suppose no substitute for time tho. We will see.

Anywhere to see these sales figures?
yes,, look at ebay sales history of items sold per seller. Look at how many Amazon Prime sellers are available vs Non Prime..... All Prime members have sent the H from there inventory and use Amazon for distribution. You have to be creative and look around at what is for sale and the price cuts that are starting to happen to try to get sales.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop