Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Longer (6mm & 8mm) PixAero Lenses Now Available!

I am pretty sure a bad ebay review and a complaint to paypal would convince them. If nothing else the bad publicity should make some sort of impression.
What did the mount you bought from Peau cost?

I am pretty sure a bad ebay review and a complaint to paypal would convince them. If nothing else the bad publicity should make some sort of impression.
Yuneec Typhoon Camera Extended Threaded Lens Mount – Peau Productions
The longer mount actually is a bit smaller across the sides of the square. It fits more snugly against the sensor. That's OK and probably helps with stray light exclusion. It just means that the circuit board needs to be clean in that area so the mount sits flat.

What was the thread size for the mount of the PixAero 6mm? Did you recaulk the mount edges afterwards?
Threads on pixAero and Peau are same as stock. Teflon thread tape (3 layers) was required to make them tight enough. I did not recaulk or reseal or reglue the mount, just the 2 screws. I did hot-melt tack the threads after setting (and resetting) focus.

Threads on pixAero and Peau are same as stock. Teflon thread tape (3 layers) was required to make them tight enough. I did not recaulk or reseal or reglue the mount, just the 2 screws. I did hot-melt tack the threads after setting (and resetting) focus.
Which Peau lens specificly has the same thread? Would that be the 8.25mm lens?

Which Peau lens specificly has the same thread? Would that be the 8.25mm lens?
All I know is the lens mount they sent me per the link referenced above was the correct thread.
Don't all Yuneec CGO3/CGO3+ lenses (and lenses made for these cameras) have the same thread? Thread length in the mount is the issue.

@B Scot
What kind of mountain lion are you holding:eek:?

We had a Maine Coon called Alex at one time. He was the terror of the neighborhood. He wasn’t afraid of any dog and if they were stupid enough to charge him they would walk/run away a bloodied snout. Other than that we was a great cat.

I wrote again to PixAero today and got a reply after a few minutes.
In short, the default mount in the kit is 6mm but they are mailing me an extended mount.
I thanked them and explained that many of us like the lens but find it strange they are forced to buy a separate, longer mount, while one is included in the package.
I have asked the if the longer mount will be included by default in future orders for the CGO3+.
I will let you know what they say.

I wrote again to PixAero today and got a reply after a few minutes.

I have asked the if the longer mount will be included by default in future orders for the CGO3+.
I will let you know what they say.

Well, why should that take more then a few minutes?

:confused:

Well Folks,
The Pix Aero people have contacted me again with good news
This is what they wrote me with a bit of correction for the auto-translate mistakes:

"We will include in all new lenses an elongated lens holder. If something is wrong, let us know and we will mail the missing parts for free."

So there you have it folks. Pix Aero will be including the longer base in all new orders. I would suggest, for the time being, that should you order one on eBay, you send them a little message reminding them to include the longer mount. Just in case. While you are at it ask them to undervalue the contents and save yourself some import duty.

Reactions: Rubik and Dr Delta
Cool.

Well, for the time being I'll await the new camera. I was saving for the lens upgrade (although I was not at all discontent with my standard one) but looking at the vids with comparison of the two lenses I am less impressed. So I'll leave that for now.
Maybe I try to up-focus my standard one, but I think I was lucky and I have a really good CGO3+ cam altogether.

Also for my line of work a narrower fov is not nescessary.

True, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Myself, I want to make some videos and pictures of boats undersail. For that I wish to have a bit more of a standoff distance. I need to keep my required 50 meter distance but also take the shot without getting into peoples faces.

But as you said, the stock lens does a good job and I certainly don't want to do without it, thus the 2nd camera. I might consider swapping the stock 2.55mm for a Pix Aero 3.77mm at some point but I am not in a rush.

I've flown with the pixAero 6mm lens a couple of times now. I'll post a YT video link soon.
The last flight was with 10+ mph winds. There appears a very slight jitter in the image. I will recheck the props' balance. Does anyone have a suggestion for the best rubber dampers to use with this lens and how to identify them? I think this camera has the original issue dampers from spring 2016.

All I know is the lens mount they sent me per the link referenced above was the correct thread.
Don't all Yuneec CGO3/CGO3+ lenses (and lenses made for these cameras) have the same thread? Thread length in the mount is the issue.
Hey Rubik... Is that your neutral rating on the EBay site for the Pix Aero 6mm lens? It seems they are offering you an extended mount at last. Better late than never!
Great video BTW.
My lens with extended mount arrived yesterday. Can't wait to get mine mounted and give it a fly.

Hey Rubik... Is that your neutral rating on the EBay site for the Pix Aero 6mm lens? It seems they are offering you an extended mount at last. Better late than never!
Great video BTW.
My lens with extended mount arrived yesterday. Can't wait to get mine mounted and give it a fly.
Yes, that's me. I don't see where they have offered to send me a longer mount. I asked for one over a month ago. I no longer need it since I purchased the Peau mount.
I'm glad you got the right mount. Let us know how your conversion goes.

Finally have my camera back with the PixAero 6mm... will be shooting next week to put up some comparison video and photos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece