Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Longer (6mm & 8mm) PixAero Lenses Now Available!

I have a good experience of communication and working with the guys from this company.
I was one of the first who tested the lens 3.77 mm.
I ask all of you not to worry about your money - the guys from the company are very responsible and cherish the reputation. Since my lens was from the first trial lot, it had some defects (darkening at the corners of the picture), the lens was repaired and now stands on the camera Typhoon H.
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear this company is reputable and they are selling a quality product.

Reactions: Magic
Being installed at Carolina Dronz as we speak... should have it back, with some comparison footage after the 1st...

Reactions: rdonson
I look forward to seeing your comparison. What Magic has shared is a step up in image quality over the stock lens.

Yes , You are correct. I have just purchased and had delivered an 8mm Pixaero lens just before xmas and was supplied with the small mount. Within a few days the pixaero company contacted me about the mistake and wered mailing the correct one and should arrive this week. As the story goes ,I picked up a 2nd hand cgo3+ in Brisbane for $350 which had been fitted with the glass lens the Carolina Drones sells as a standard replacement but sharper images being Glass, it is a good picture. So I thought that the mount will not need chargeing as the lens had plumbers thread seal tape on it. After unscrewing the lens ready for the 8mm one I noticed that the mount had a crack or split on the side, from too much plumbers tape. SO A WARNING JUST 1 TURN AND A SMALL LAP OF TAPE, IF IT GETS HARD TO SCREW IN TO GET ON FOCUS YOU HAVE TOO MUCH TAPE ON IT AND YOU COULD CRACK THE MOUNT. I then thought aha I have the one provided by pixaero , but on examination before dismantling further saw that they were the same length. Tried to screw in and focus like Richard Gilmore and it was at the very beginning of the mount , actually further away that it was in focus, so now it is along wait for the mailman from Russia. I found that Pixaero are very good to deal with and would have no hesitation dealing with them again. With the little trial the image looks great and will suit our inspection company work just fine, we may even do more of our cameras, I am going to ask Pixaero if they do a 10 or 12 mm lens also and possibly try one of them for close inspection work. So now for the lonnnnng wait.
John Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Reactions: pctyphoon
John.

You'll find it's really nice to fly 50' away from something to get the same image you would had you been flying only 3' away with a stock lens;) Pretty much the way it works with the CGO-4's 14-42mm lens.

Reactions: pctyphoon
You'll be out a fair amount. It was a bit over $200.00 when mine was done. That was painful as I'd just trashed a camera, sent it to Yuneec for repair, bought another from Carolina to keep running for $549.00, only to be informed by Yuneec the one I trashed was not repairable, but they made me an offer for a new one I couldn't refuse. Suddenly I went from one to three cameras plus another H as a spare....:rolleyes:

On the longer lenses,
I can find the 6mm PixAero and the 8.25 Peau.
Is there a 8.?mm for the PixAero? Haven't been able to locate anywhere.
After some time's passed, has there been any opinion of PixAero compared to Peau. When one is reguarded better than other?

My observations have the PixAero 3.77 better than the Peau, but that's just me. There's a three lens comparison video for people to generate their own opinions. I haven't personally seen anything yet for the Carolina lens.

Ghost,

You won't notice any closer view with the 3,77 lens. It's there but in such small amount it's not worth mentioning. The two images below were shot with PixAero 3.77 and stock lens cameras from a table last winter just after receiving the PixAero.

Attachments

• PixAero_05.jpg
    PixAero_05.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 42
  • Stock_01.jpg
    Stock_01.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Thanks for the info PatR,
That is exactly what I wanted to hear, and above all somebody with the time in the field with the H's like yourself speaks volumes. It will help do our inspections of stair wells in domestic Unit blocks for leaks out side around the windows. You don't want to get too close and hopefully my nerves can get a bit of a break and if it happens to work out with that module from Dario in Spain it would be fantastic and very safe. John Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin