Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Longer (6mm & 8mm) PixAero Lenses Now Available!

Eagle's Eye Video

Global Village Idiot
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
So I decided to do a search today, for any updated information on the longer focal length choices from PixAero that had been listed as "available Q3 2017" back last winter. I remember this, because that announcement came only a week after I had sent my CGO3+ to Carolina Dronz for upgrading with the Peau 8.25.

Interesting to note that no main website for PixAero seems to currently exist... pixaero.com redirects to a aeronautical picture site. The only reference I could find other than sales pages of various places to purchase the currently available PixAero 3.77 lens (which I own and enthusiastically recommend), is a Russian site listed below:

Google Translate

Comments, discussion encouraged... based on current exchange rates, either lens runs about $95 USD + shipping. Is there anyone on this board from Russia?

Last edited:
Yes, that is the current 3.77mm lens that I have... but on that Russian site are 6mm and 8mm ( the 8 being the closest to it's predecessor the Peau 8.25 that I have). There are some red flags on that Russian site though. I have a good friend from Russia that can look at the site in the original Russian and LMK what he thinks.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I agree. I would be hesitant to send them money. It could be a donation.

I trust this fellow photographer enough, that if he thinks it's legit, I'll send him the money. He'll conduct the transaction and subsequently ship the lens to Carolina Dronz for installation. They may be more likely to be on the up and up with a fellow Russian.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Thanks DD! I had found the site, but had not seen the eBay listing for the 6 & 8 mm... :)

Love to see some image comparisons using the same subject between the 3.77 and 8mm PixAero lenses. Haven't come up with any through Google yet.

Reactions: pctyphoon
Just ordered the 6mm... hoping that the slightly less magnification will reduce the vibrational softness that has been seen in video footage with the Peau. Will do some testing once installed by Carolina Dronz. It's surprising that nothing was posted about these being released. However I am happy enough with my PixAero 3.77 lens, that I'll willingly be the first to compare.

Last edited:
Just ordered the 6mm... hoping that the slightly less magnification will reduce the vibrational softness that has been seen in video footage with the Peau. Will do some testing once installed by Carolina Dronz. It's surprising that nothing was posted about these being released. However I am happy enough with my PixAero 3.77 lens, that I'll willingly be the first to compare.

The lense were mentioned by Yuneec EU @ Facebook if I remember well.

Cheers!

Any update??? and can you use filters with the new lens??

My main camera is being shipped back to me with completed repairs. Once I receive it, I will be sending out my second camera for the PixAero install. Probably going to be 2-3 weeks, as I have authorized CD to do testing on all lenses, so we can have a legitimate comparison between them.

Reactions: PatR and Steve Carr
I'm interested in the 6mm; any reports on fitting and performance?
If you have a 98 degree lens on your CGO3+ then I believe the lens will screw right in to the existing barrel.

Edit: I tried the change out of the 98 deg and the barrel size was smaller on the new lens so the barrel must be changed. It appears the barrel size varies on these lenses.

98-degLens.jpg 115degLens.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gregd10 and Graham
I understand from Richard Gilmore that the existing mount and that supplied currently by Pixaero are not long enough to allow the 6mm and 8mm lenses to focus. Richard is following up with Pixaero, but so far without success.

I understand from Richard Gilmore that the existing mount and that supplied currently by Pixaero are not long enough to allow the 6mm and 8mm lenses to focus. Richard is following up with Pixaero, but so far without success.
Thanks for that reminder. I recall seeing that.

Reactions: Graham

The company is here in San Diego. Nice and very helpful guys~

I agree. I would be hesitant to send them money. It could be a donation.
Hi guys!!

There was a question - is there anyone from Russia .. It's me .. I will answer some questions and your doubts ....

I have a good experience of communication and working with the guys from this company.
I was one of the first who tested the lens 3.77 mm.
I ask all of you not to worry about your money - the guys from the company are very responsible and cherish the reputation. Since my lens was from the first trial lot, it had some defects (darkening at the corners of the picture), the lens was repaired and now stands on the camera Typhoon H.

I ask you not to worry about your money, not to worry about the quality of their product - all very well. You can always write or call them. Their support service is perfect.

To view their site (store) and other Russian sites, use the Google Chrome browser (as well as I'm reading this forum) -
Opens in this browser any site you are interested in (in any language) -> right mouse button -> translate to ... -> you get the whole site with a beautiful and understandable translation ..

I do not go to this forum so often, so I apologize for the repetition if all the questions and problems have already been resolved.

Do not hesitate to ask questions and do not worry about your money - Russian people are the same as everyone else - there are honest people, there are deceivers - this is life and it's the peoples of the planet Earth!

All good flights!

One photo from the last flight (Pixaero lens 3.77 mm - original jpg) -
YUN00007.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval