Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking for a CGO3 for parts

Reaction score
ive had an unfortunate landing experiance (all my bad) and now i need a very specific part off the CGO3. Anyone have a broken one for sale? I'm needing the connector cable/wire that goes from the gimbal mount circuit board into the camera housing.typhoon wire board.JPG

That's an easy fix just match the colors and solder it up with a small soldering iron and heatshrink Ray. That silver cylinder comes out and exposes two plastic halves that have these ultra tiny thin dual brushes that slide on a central collector with two tenny tiny bearings. Not fun to replace and reassemble.

Hope this helps.

That's an easy fix just match the colors and solder it up with a small soldering iron and heatshrink Ray. That silver cylinder comes out and exposes two plastic halves that have these ultra tiny thin dual brushes that slide on a central collector with two tenny tiny bearings. Not fun to replace and reassemble.

Hope this helps.

Sounds like you are quite familiar with this part. Unfortunately, the wires pulled out of behind the epoxy that holds the wires in place to that plastic (2half) cylinder swivel connection. Those contacts really are quite sensitive and to fix it on my own, I would have to scrape off the white and re-insert the wires. I wanted to see first if there were other options.

I called Yuneec just a it ago and I will send them the pics to see if it's a part they can ship to me as I already have it in pieces or if I gotta send it in.
dccb6bc2b46b47b6ebafac8ee5705d1b.jpg
0755f20c920d0d462c799124faa93144.jpg
1d3f1235149e647035fe267b93c9b724.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you are quite familiar with this part. Unfortunately, the wires pulled out of behind the epoxy that holds the wires in place to that plastic (2half) cylinder swivel connection. Those contacts really are quite sensitive and to fix it on my own, I would have to scrape off the white and re-insert the wires. I wanted to see first if there were other options.

I called Yuneec just a it ago and I will send them the pics to see if it's a part they can ship to me as I already have it in pieces or if I gotta send it in.
dccb6bc2b46b47b6ebafac8ee5705d1b.jpg
0755f20c920d0d462c799124faa93144.jpg
1d3f1235149e647035fe267b93c9b724.jpg

Maybe something that dilutes the silicone and doesn't damage the plastic. Gasoline might do it. the prongs and the wires are separate parts with a fine tip solder and a steady hand you should be able to reconnect.

that's a shame it ripped it from the inside

I contacted Yuneec with pics and they are to tell me tomorrow if they can simply sell me the part I need or how much to expect the service will be.

In the meantime, my H kinda looks badass without the camera.
168d05e2b56e287ad6b84d2ad844b089.jpg

I was just on eBay and saw a CGO3+ for parts only. Current bid was $32.

I contacted Yuneec with pics and they are to tell me tomorrow if they can simply sell me the part I need or how much to expect the service will be.

In the meantime, my H kinda looks badass without the camera.
168d05e2b56e287ad6b84d2ad844b089.jpg

Hi Ray,
I'm in the same boat you were. What did you learn from Yuneec - did you end up purchasing a new CGO3+ ?

I'd talk to Yuneec before buying a new camera. The phone call is free. Personal experience has shown Yuneec to be good with camera repair costs. Carolina is a good shop but I don't know their expertise or options with camera repairs equals that of Yuneec. I had a broken camera and bought a new one from Carolina. I also sent the broken one to Yuneec. It was not repairable but they sold me another new one for $135.00. Had I dealt with Yuneec first I would have saved over $300.00.

Your call.

Last edited:
Vertigo Drones will fix it easily and alot cheaper than buying new or you could fix it yourself with a new slip ring which Vertigo sells. The CG03 is very touchy once you start taking it apart and you could end up causing more damage if your not careful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval