Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking for a uav pilot simulator

Got my CC2531 stick yesterday. Flashing with YUNSIM firmware is possible (also back to previous or another FW - no problem). But UAV-Pilot did not recognize the stick at all. After looking deeper I found out that the USB D+ wire has a pull-up resistor that is hard-wired at YUNSIM but software-controlled (by pin 11: P1_0) at CC2531 stick.
I have added a pull-up resistor 1.5kOhm to D+ and now UAV-Pilot recognizes the stick. I can bind the stick to ST16, connection established from ST16 point-of-view, but UAV-Pilot constantly says binding not successful. If I start simulation it says Switch on your controller. Sad.

Also a new model on ST16 I can bind successful, but again UAV-Pilot did not recognize the RC-controller.
I thought it easy but it isn't...

Tomorrow I will check if ST10 has the same behaviour.

br HE

Last edited:
Finally no success. The flashed CC2531 USB stick will be recognized by UAV-Pilot, it can be bound to ST16, it established the connection, the stick can be set to binding mode by UAV-Pilot but at the end UAV-Pilot always says "The bind procedure failed." We cannot run the simulator with fake-stick.

But I have learned a lot about reading and writing firmware to CC2530 (the chipset in receiver module SR24) and CC2531 (same SOC with USB interface as dongle).
I could also read the firmware from Q500 receiver and from newer variant of SR24 from Typhoon H.
Reading SR24 firmware is not possible. The file I got was filled with a lot of zeros.

sr24_debug.JPG

The purpose of the second port on SR24 is still unknown but I know now that it is connected to two digital I/O pins of the SOC CC2530: P1_7 (pin 37) and P1_6 (pin38). For what it was used, only FW developer knows.
sr24_front.JPG
Rx and Tx are on I/O ports P0_2 and P0_3. Interesting that this is also connected at YUNSIM stick but open and not used.
YUNSIM02.JPGYUNSIM01a.jpg

br HE

Last edited:
Here it is.
Remark: YUNSIM stick has HW pull-up resistor at USB D+, ZigBee stick not. It is SW controlled. I have added a 1.5k from D+ to +3.3V.

br HE

Attachments

• yunsim.zip
    20 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Reactions: Chiptuner
Here it is.
Remark: YUNSIM stick has HW pull-up resistor at USB D+, ZigBee stick not. It is SW controlled. I have added a 1.5k from D+ to +3.3V.

br HE

Using your hex file and adding the pullup resistor I was able to bind my reprogrammed CC2531 dongle to my ST16 and fly the TH in the simulator. I wasn't expecting that not having the pullup resistor would prevent it from being detected as a windows device, so I struggled at first. But once I did what you said it worked for me.

I'm not sure why it worked for me and not you, but it did work. Maybe it was a different version of the CC2531 dongle? Or maybe it is because I used a knock-off SmartRF04EB device to program it rather than a raspberry pi?

Thank you so much for your help.

Reactions: h-elsner
That sounds good!
And yes, I could also successful bind it with ST16 and also ST10. Only the UAV-Pilot responds with "Binding not succesful". I know that binding with the original YUNSIM stick is also a little bit fiddly. Maybe clock frequency plays a role. I do not believe that programmer makes the trick.

What ZigBee dongle did you use? Mine, the imprints are:
CC25XX dongle Rev. 1.0
HW-40S

br HE

That sounds good!
And yes, I could also successful bind it with ST16 and also ST10. Only the UAV-Pilot responds with "Binding not succesful". I know that binding with the original YUNSIM stick is also a little bit fiddly. Maybe clock frequency plays a role. I do not believe that programmer makes the trick.

CC25XX dongle Rev. 1.0
HW-40S

br HE

Yeah, on mine the UAV-Pilot said something about "go back to the main screen on the controller by hitting the back button twice to establish control", then it said "binding was successful" and I flew the TH for awhile. I could try repeated bindings to see if I just got lucky on the first try. The other thing is I haven't soldered the pull-up resistor in place yet, but rather it was attached with some jumper wires out to a 3.3V pad that was on the debug cable that was still plugged into the debug port. It seems unlikely, but maybe that introduced some stray capacitance that helped in this case?

My dongle says:
CC25xx USB
dongle
Rev 1.0

I was going to post a link to it, but when I went to my order history on AliExpress and clicked on the CC2531 dongle it went to "page not found". There are lots of CC2531 dongles on aliexpress but it looks like the specific one I ordered isn't sold by that seller anymore.

The programmer I used was:

That sounds good!

CC25XX dongle Rev. 1.0
HW-40S

br HE
Hello, everyone.
I checked the HEX file, on 2 different versions of ZigBee-Stick. Everything works fine. Carefully check the voltage on pin 11 CC2531 (P1_0), it should be +3.3V. If there is no +3.3V on pin 11, "Binding not succesful" as a result. Send photos of your ZigBee-Stick. I'll mark what jumpers are not on the board. Chinese manufacturers, not all elements are install on the board (jumper resistor 0 ohms). Two jumpers, 100% missing. I, could not understand for a long time where is the problem.
Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:
You are my hero! That's it. Now it works perfect.
The YUNSIM has a hard wired pull-up resistor 1.5kOhm from USB D+ to 3.3V.
My dongle had a 1.5kOhm resistor to pin11. My thought was that thi is a SW controlled pull up. That's why I have added a pull up from D+ to 3.3V which made USB from not detected to working.
Stick_front_old.jpg
However, my idea seems to be the wrong! I should have been seen this!
USB_pic.png

Here is the missing connection (correct me when I'm wrong):
Stick_front_missing_conn.JPG

I made a shortcut there and voila, it works. And this is much more elegant than my pull-up resistor that I had before.

Appreciate! Good to have the community!

br HE

Last edited:
Reactions: Chiptuner
There are two unpopulated places only.
View attachment 25588
You're right about the location of the jumpers. Without the left jumper, the debugger does not work (stick powered by +3.3 from the debugger). Without the jumper on right side, the binding does not work.
2A660D94-304D-4F0C-8E96-EB4E2AA6E3CE_4_5005_c.jpeg
For programming, I use SmartRF04EB. Power is supplied from RF04EB to pin 9. And without the second jumper, the Dongle was not powered.
Pin 2, this is a VCC target, in my RF04EB pin 2 is not used.
1D587ADD-03E5-4D4C-99DC-F685FC6D0060_1_105_c.jpeg
Maybe it's just me. The RF04EB is also from China. In RF04EB missing some elements.

Last edited:
You are my hero! That's it. Now it works perfect.
The YUNSIM has a hard wired pull-up resistor 1.5kOhm from USB D+ to 3.3V.
My dongle had a 1.5kOhm resistor to pin11. My thought was that thi is a SW controlled pull up. That's why I have added a pull up from D+ to 3.3V which made USB from not detected to working.
View attachment 25589
However, my idea seems to be the wrong! I should have been seen this!
View attachment 25591

Here is the missing connection (correct me when I'm wrong):
View attachment 25590

I made a shortcut there and voila, it works. And this is much more elegant than my pull-up resistor that I had before.

Appreciate! Good to have the community!

br HE
hello been trying to plug into a usb port in the computer, and after 10 seconds it seems the usb conection is lost, but in those 10 seconds the uav pilot software works with the zigbee

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval