Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking for business niche using the H, you won't get rich.

Reaction score
Doing business with the H.
Most of you know flying for business isn’t going to get you rich, by a long shot!

However, if you’re looking for extra money to support your hobbies, such as boating or taking that gal of yours out more often, then consider this.
I decided to take a different route in marketing utilizing the H. Business Aerial photography, some of you maybe already doing this.
(Commercial construction, to many hoops to go through).
As you recall aerial photography has primarily been done flying a Cessna 150 and a camera.

Since Dec 6th 2018 I have been able to obtain 21 clients (and this during the holidays).
Some of my clients have multiple locations. I’m also now getting referrals. Including commercial accounts, go figure, it’s a who’s who in this business world.
Depending on your location, you’re going to have to figure what you should charge for that Aerial.

Try to get a minimum of 4 to 5 clients to say yes, do this in one day. It's easier than you think.
I usually don’t even try to fly that day unless I know the weather is going to be lousy later on.
When the weather is not flyable I go out contacting clients. I’m about 60 to 65% yes for photos.
So now you can make x$ times 5 clients.

Marketing is key!!! Keep it simple, really simple, picture will sell itself.
I also have samples to show what I am capable of. You need samples, if not you're wasting your time!

To start I only had a couple of examples to show. You may want to start with Car shop, auto body shop, tire shop, Landscaping nursery.
Now I have clients such as Ace Hardware, Auto National Trucking Company, and my white board is filling up for future projects.

I’m not here to brag on myself only to help those who are looking for that niche for disposable income. I'm retired so I don't need lots of mula.:)

See image:
4 different aerials of businesses.
The picture frames (real glass) I purchase from Walmart 11” x 17” $4.92 each. Minuteman does my printing, so you need to have them print @ 12” x 18”, then you cut it down to fit, using a exacto knife and cutting board. prints will show where to cut.
If you want additional info let me know, however I will not disclose my price, that’s for you to decide.
DSC_1313.png

Last edited:
I have known AH-1G for some time now and have watched how he has gone after this work and I am impressed with the results. I think the real payoff for this type of 'getting out there' and cold calling for work is that eventually you will snag bigger and bigger jobs. He has also started putting the kind of polish on his photography for clients that is a must and it really shows. Now he just needs a Plus. :cool: Like the old saying goes - Where there is the will, there is a way. Hey AH, if you need a 'B' camera, let me know. ;)

Unless you have deep pockets and lots of high powered connections the niche markets are the places to be. The most difficult aspects of taking that route is thinking “outside the box” and the cold calling that has to be done to make it happen.

Good on you AH-1.

Cold calling is a challenge I love, it's easy for me. You have to understand, when the business owner doesn't want what your offering, he's not rejecting you as a person. It's either he doesn't have the money right now or he does not need it.
This is where a lot of of sales people fail, they take it to personally.
Thank you, PatR

One more note,
All my flights are video, while reviewing those flights using (GOM Player or CyberLink PhotoDirect),
I'll take several snap shots, then review those pictures looking for that premium angle for post production / printing.

AH-1G
I fancy myself a rather strong and persistent sales person .
Lately I have focused on a different avenue of income due to many many strikeouts on the video side of things .
If I am being honest , it has left me feeling lazy .
I have to admit , you have just hit the nail on the head .
I have been taking the rejection personally .
I know better than that .
Thanx for the reminder as well as the great Idea .

Reactions: AH-1G and Ty Pilot
Nice prints! Once you can produce a quality product, they will come back... Good stuff AH!

Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430