Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking for CGOET update.

Reaction score
I recently acquired a CGOET thermal camera for my Typhoon H. I got the camera to connect and was able view the image and I had camera control. I did not try to fly at that time. Tonight I updated the st16, no issues. I then updated the drone. I bound them together. I get a message that the camera firmware is old and I don't have camera control. No pan either left or right, or tilt. And I have no start up. So I am looking to update the camera firmware. Or how to roll back the firmware update I did. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I recently acquired a CGOET thermal camera for my Typhoon H. I got the camera to connect and was able view the image and I had camera control. I did not try to fly at that time. Tonight I updated the st16, no issues. I then updated the drone. I bound them together. I get a message that the camera firmware is old and I don't have camera control. No pan either left or right, or tilt. And I have no start up. So I am looking to update the camera firmware. Or how to roll back the firmware update I did. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I may be wrong, but I don't think any update has ever been issued for the US version of CGoET for Typhoon H.
1.) Did the pan and tilt work before you updated the drone and controller? You mentioned you had "camera control" prior to the update, but I'm not sure if your statement
means Gimbal Control (pan and tilt) or if it really does mean Camera Control (photo/video features.)
2.) Are you certain you have a CGoET for Typhoon H? The CGoET for H520 looks exactly the same, but will not do pan and tilt when mounted on a Typhoon H.
3.) You mentioned "I have no start up". Start up of what? The Camera? The Drone Motors? Something else?
4.) Does the CG03+ still work normally?

This link is to Firmware Version 3.1.27:

Reactions: johnnyb57
I may be wrong, but I don't think any update has ever been issued for the US version of CGoET for Typhoon H.
1.) Did the pan and tilt work before you updated the drone and controller? You mentioned you had "camera control" prior to the update, but I'm not sure if your statement
means Gimbal Control (pan and tilt) or if it really does mean Camera Control (photo/video features.)
2.) Are you certain you have a CGoET for Typhoon H? The CGoET for H520 looks exactly the same, but will not do pan and tilt when mounted on a Typhoon H.
3.) You mentioned "I have no start up". Start up of what? The Camera? The Drone Motors? Something else?
4.) Does the CG03+ still work normally?

This link is to Firmware Version 3.1.27:
1. Yes the pan and tilt worked before the update. That was what I was referring to.
2. When I first installed and connected to the CGoET I did have pan and tilt. It stopped after the update.
3. The start up I was talking about are the drone motors. It just beeped when I tried to do a test.
4. I woke up this morning and realized I should have checked to see if the CG03+ still worked. When I get off from work I will have to try it.

I have same with à New CG03 it was New, dont fly à time then gimbal is dead!
I think that I newer buy any drone from Yunnec I lose I 2 year over then 5000 euro!

Before you roll-back the ST16 FW try following:
- Pad mode
- Settings > Apps > All apps
- Select FlightMode app
- Clear my data > OK
- Back to the Home screen
- Do all neccessary settings (Language, Camera Select - CGO-ET)
- Create a new model and bind it drone and cam.

Remark: CGO-ET firmware seems to be a rare collectors item, never found one...

br HE

Reactions: WTFDproject
Remark: CGO-ET firmware seems to be a rare collectors item, never found one...
I looked through my files I downloaded from Yuneec and the only firmware update I found for the CGO-ET was for the H520 version. Nothing for the H480 version.

Update the gimbal and drone via CGO-ET is not recommended by Yuneec. Probably this is the issue.

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval