Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking for controller options Mantis Q

Reaction score
Hi all this is my first post on here ive been flying the Hubsan H501s it was my 2nd drone my first was a cheapo Sky Viper from target which is what got me in the hobby. Anyways absolutely love the Mantis Q but the controller is lacking my Hubsan had an fpv screen built in so I didn't have to rely on my phone just curious if anyone has found a solution to this for the Mantis I don't have the Typhoon H however would like to know if the ST16 controller would pair to the Mantis since it operates on the android platform. Any thoughts or advice are welcome. Thank you

The short answer is no. Like with other famous brands you have to provide a smart phone or tablet to provide the video feed from the Mantis Q.

The Mantis Q shares the same PX4 flight controller that is used in the Typhoon H Plus and the Typhoon H520. They both use the ST-16S controller , but the firmware differs between the two. A firmware would have to be written for them to work with the Mantis. The ST-16 and ST-16S controllers are about 3 times the size of the Mantis Q when it is folded up and would be totally impractical considering the market niche of the Mantis Q.

It would also be much cheaper to just get a tablet and make an adapter to mount it to the Mantis controller.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Thank you for the reply I have heard of a tablet adapter maybe ill give that a shot. Another possible option ive read about is remotely controlling using your pc still researching that idea however.

Using QGroundControl? There has been some info in this forum about it.

@MCDC seems pretty knowledgeable in this area.

Reactions: bigbng

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33