Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking to use 2 Steadygrips at the same time

Reaction score
I would like to use 2 CGO2+ cameras each in it's own Steadygrip in a two camera shoot. The cameras would both be recording at the same time. Is there a way to change the default password of one of them to make this possible? I would change the password to "2 - 1" using all ten digits so the ST10+ of the 2nd unit will bind to it for future flights? In other words... I don't want to keep changing the password everytime I do a 2 camera shoot. Thanks in advance for your help with this issue, Gary.

I'm not sure you need to have different passwords. If you have two smartphones and two cameras, you should be able to bind them using the same password. The camera is not actually binding to the password, it is binding to the WIFI identifier from the phone that requested the bind. The password just tells the camera it's OK to accept the bind request.
If you already tried it and it did not work please tell us what you saw.

This will be done via 2 older Samsung Tabs that both have the CGO2+ app on them. I will have time this weekend to give that a try and I'll respond with the outcome.

Reactions: WTFDproject
This will be done via 2 older Samsung Tabs that both have the CGO2+ app on them. I will have time this weekend to give that a try and I'll respond with the outcome.
As stated by @WTFDproject each camera will have its own WiFi SSID (most likely something like CGO2_P_xxxxxx, where the x’s are the last six digits of the MAC address) and no two MAC addresses are the same so it will not matter if they have the same password.

Reactions: WTFDproject
For the CGO3 the password in in a file "wireless.conf" under /MISC on the SD card. Change the password there, put the SD card back to the cam and try to connect with that new password. I think it is the same for CGO2.

br HE

Reactions: Pier2162
Don't forget the new password. A password will still be required for all circumstances that require a password. Changing the password only changes the password. It does not change when a password is required. The difference is you have to remember two passwords instead of one. And which camera uses which password.

Also be aware:
1.) You will need to maintain two sets of SD cards. One for each camera. If you use an SD card from "Camera A" in "Camera B", Camera B will now have the password for Camera A.
2.) You will need to format any SD cards that have been previously used in any camera prior to first time use in the camera with the changed password. Failure to do so will reset the changed password to the standard password.
3.) If you use an SD card from the camera with the changed password in any other camera you may have that uses the config file, that camera will have the changed password.

Yeah. There were reasons Yuneec changed to a standard password. I really hope using the standard password on both cameras will work when you give it a try.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Thanks guys for all the extra help... glad I joined this forum. Here's what has happened.
I got the chance to try a small test this weekend using 2 Steadygrips with CGO2+ cameras in each of them. I decided to turn on one before the other and have it "link-up" with one Samsung tablet. I then turned on the other and noticed two CGO2+ in the 2nd tablets wifi settings. I knew the name of the first that was already linked. So, the other one was the 2nd that I had to link to the 2nd tablet. As, some people here have already stated each camera has it's own "identifier name" and it's easy to work 2 of the same cameras to 2 tablets. Each tablet will only show the camera view from the camera it's linked to. The same password really doesn't matter.

But, here is the funny part. I did this test on 10/31/21 and also checked each camera before the test with it's own ST10+ controller. Each controller had the current date of year and was correct. But the files created by the 2 CGO2+ cameras on their respective micro SD cards had dates of 01/01/2008. There is a very small .THM file that accompanies each .jpg or MP4 file I shot with each camera. Since the cameras were numbering the files in sequence it really doesn't bother me. I have noticed that when you do put a blank SD card in a CGO2+ camera and connect it with an ST10+... the camera will format the card and place a folder on it for the videos or pics and another folder with a single file in it that is dated 01/01/2008. This file may have something to do with how the file names are generated by the cameras or it might be the password as some state in above posts. But, if you use a NLE editing system to make your videos, I would suggest that you rename any files that match so that no 2 names from the 2 cameras have the same file name.

And if the .THM file is the password what program do I use to open and edit it on a Windows system?

another folder with a single file in it that is dated 01/01/2008.

And if the .THM file is the password what program do I use to open and edit it on a Windows system?
If the single file is named "wireless.conf", that is the password file. It opens with a text editor such as "NotePad".
Password.jpg
If that's not the file name you see, please tell us the name of the file you are asking about.

".THM" is the thumbnail file for either a video or a picture. It is a small, very low resolution version of the image. Basically, an ICON for the real image/video. I think some systems use (or did use) those files to store data for file management. Opens with photo editors / viewers. I just delete them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval