Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

looks like august firmware may be the last

Within that link is

v1.7.3-1.4.21
The last update was v1.7.3-1.4.19 so could that be the new update already?
The Gimbal firmware is also different from the last update.

There was a small update (gimbal and flight controller only I think) on 14th December. Thats definitely what you're seeing. Thats the one I have installed on my H520.

There was a small update (gimbal and flight controller only I think) on 14th December. Thats definitely what you're seeing. Thats the one I have installed on my H520.
That's not the version shown for UK though which is strange as its not region specific.

Don’t use that last gimble update 2.40 as it cause jello in some cases. Stay on gimble 2.39

Reactions: Bigboybuzz
Don’t use that last gimble update 2.40 as it cause jello in some cases. Stay on gimble 2.39

Ah balls. I did intent to update to 2.39 but the UpdatePilot sent me straight to 2.40, before it was announced. Lets hope the promised update fixes that too!

Can we go back down to 2.39? I don't remember off top of mind. I just did a quick shoot it's terrible. I thought maybe the dampers were bad so I immediately order some new ones, but if it's the firmware... =(

Can we go back down to 2.39? I don't remember off top of mind. I just did a quick shoot it's terrible. I thought maybe the dampers were bad so I immediately order some new ones, but if it's the firmware... =(
Yes you can. But I have been unable to find the thread that contained that procedure. Still looking.

In principle it's simple, handmade.

Depending on the type of update, H520 or ST16S, on a formatted SD card put the firmware in the root. If the update is for the H520 put the SD card in the camera, if the update is for the ST16S put the SD card in the ST16S.

Update the H520 by simply turning on the aircraft. Update the ST16S from the menus and choosing the file.

I would like to see us be able to move up to 2.41 or 2.50 or whatever it will be. Have to wonder how bad is their combination of jet lag and CES-hangover unless that promise to deliver simultaneously with CES was just salesmans bs.

If you have the stored firmware yes you can.
However as I have an important job on tomorrow I decided to check all gimble firmware and can confirm with collaboration with another pilot the last stable gimble firmware to not cause any ‘bounce back or horizon tilt or lift is in actual fact version 1.38.8
I have gone back to this version for now.

To revert back to earlier firmware load the gimble firmware on a fresh formatted FAT32 sd card and insert it into the e90 and switch on the 520 WITHOUT the st16s switched on.
It will go limp and when finished right itself with a green flashing light.
Leave for another 1 minute, switch off and replace with your usual SD card and you are good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MrMotley
Be sure and do a gimbal calibration or 2 on all FWs. I have seen it fix vibration issues in the gimbal many times.

Do what it says 10-8 and another important detail. For all ST16S updates, delete the cache and application data each time you make an update. Reset with the option of the application itself to the factory values. This way, you make sure that the data that could be valid for one version does not interfere with the new version. Then it is a question of establishing the altitude of return to home, the geofence if you use it and the values of the camera and ready, already you have it prepared again with the new firmware.

1.5 is now released. It’s massive and I mean massive update.
Get a tissue ready for when you first fly.
This thread needs a name change now.

Reactions: ;-) and MrMotley
You think it's good to use a new thread where we go putting everything related to this important update?

I've created a new thread dedicated exclusively to him. Although "officially" has not come out yet, throughout the day it will and we can add information and tests that we go doing.

Reactions: ;-) and Peggy
You think it's good to use a new thread where we go putting everything related to this important update?

I've created a new thread dedicated exclusively to him. Although "officially" has not come out yet, throughout the day it will and we can add information and tests that we go doing.

Great Idea.

And I would say this thread is now dead and commenting should be transferred over to Arruntus new thread from this point

Reactions: ;-) and BigAl07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1