Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

looks like august firmware may be the last

I visited the Yuneec UK flight test centre today I flew the 1.5 firmware for the 520 today and can confirm it has Expotentials, POI, new corridor and polygon survey missions and confirmed seen with my own eyes 6 x digital lossless zoom. I’m in a hotel on a mobile and cannot upload a video right now for some unknown reason but the zoom is brilliant.
This 520 is now really starting to show its colours.
Also they wouldn’t spill the beans but some huge is coming in the next few months. Game changer apparently

Last edited:
I also flew 1.5 firmware for the 520 today and can confirm it has Expotentials, POI, new corridor and polygon survey missions and confirmed seen with my own eyes 6 x digital lossless zoom. I’m in a hotel on a mobile and cannot upload a video right now for some unknown reason but the zoom is brilliant.
Also they wouldn’t spill the beans but some huge is coming in the next few months. Game changer apparently
where is the download for 1.5? thanks

I visited the Yuneec UK flight test centre today I flew the 1.5 firmware for the 520 today and can confirm it has Expotentials, POI, new corridor and polygon survey missions and confirmed seen with my own eyes 6 x digital lossless zoom. I’m in a hotel on a mobile and cannot upload a video right now for some unknown reason but the zoom is brilliant.

Expotentials?????? Do we get the softness of movements? This is getting more and more interesting :D

Thax @Peggy

So what would that be I wonder. Since they now have rtk I can't think of anything huge barring a new camera. Perhaps an improved E90 with a mechanical shutter and variable aperture? Or perhaps go further and say a micro 4/3 sensor with interchangeable lenses? I'm sure there's room in the payload capacity, but the space under the H520 might not allow a big enough gimbal.

Anybody fancy speculating further? :D

CCC? Trim tab cruise control? Use for the Aux button?? Or something really huge, like a replacement for the H920? :D

Last edited:
or a complete overhaul and revamp of the h920 with rtk option. That has a different battery setup that not dead on arrival

I've seen a comment suggesting a new bird for release this summer. Talk of global or mechanical shutter and large sensor size. Could be an evolution of the H520, or a revamp of the H920 with PX4 and ST16s. The latter would make sense as it would reduce the development cost allowing them to invest more in the camera options... Which lets face it they really need to do now!

I'd love to see some dedicated GCP's like the Propeller Aero Points to work in conjunction with the new RTK module.
So what would that be I wonder. Since they now have rtk I can't think of anything huge barring a new camera. Perhaps an improved E90 with a mechanical shutter and variable aperture? Or perhaps go further and say a micro 4/3 sensor with interchangeable lenses? I'm sure there's room in the payload capacity, but the space under the H520 might not allow a big enough gimbal.

Anybody fancy speculating further? :D

Today's Poll: How is your F5 taking the punisment?

I get an email when a new update is released. That said last update I did was on day before the notification came through and somehow I still got the latest update.

I bought mine direct from Yuneec Uk, registered on the site and on the st16s when I first fired it up, never had an email since. Yuneec Uk website is out of date with all of its firmware downloads anyway, they're at least a version behind what's showing on the Yuneec.com site for EU versions.
What's best way to sign up to email alerts for these things?
I get an email when a new update is released. That said last update I did was on day before the notification came through and somehow I still got the latest update.

I bought mine direct from Yuneec Uk, registered on the site and on the st16s when I first fired it up, never had an email since. Yuneec Uk website is out of date with all of its firmware downloads anyway, they're at least a version behind what's showing on the Yuneec.com site for EU versions.
What's best way to sign up to email alerts for these things?
I just go here to check... Yuneec H520 Software Releases for Yuneec Partners

Reactions: MrMotley

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss