Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

looks like august firmware may be the last

well glad the us rep was wrong atleast we got 2 firmware updates with the second one being very small. any one notice on the second update that h520 rebooted and the h520 arm's led flashed blue clockwise.

Reactions: MrMotley
Yes.. Still knocking.:)

Any more knocking?
I got the H520 early in December and I'm starting to think I should've gone for the H+... I do love the 520 though.
I hope it gets updated with some similar features to come inline with the H+; POI would be a great start.

Any more knocking?
I got the H520 early in December and I'm starting to think I should've gone for the H+... I do love the 520 though.
I hope it gets updated with some similar features to come inline with the H+; POI would be a great start.

The knocking has stopped and it’s now turned into a full blown boot the door in. Said with tongue in cheek

The knocking has stopped and it’s now turned into a full blown boot the door in. Said with tongue in cheek

I hope they haven't just let it go... it seems a bit insane that Yuneec would think that 520 owners wouldn't occasionally do some video/camera work and/or expect 520 owners to also buy a H+.

And so the updates come flooding in at last and with the added bonus that you can upgrade your H520 to an RTK model instead of buying a new one. Good move Yuneec :)

And so the updates come flooding in at last and with the added bonus that you can upgrade your H520 to an RTK model instead of buying a new one. Good move Yuneec :)

You're right, having the option to upgrade is a very good option. Another thing will be to see the price of that option :rolleyes:

You're right, having the option to upgrade is a very good option. Another thing will be to see the price of that option :rolleyes:

Let’s hope it’s cheaper than DJI offering which doesn’t include an upgrade for the original version.

Let’s hope it’s cheaper than DJI offering which doesn’t include an upgrade for the original version.

To see if it is true, but with the policy of disproportionate prices that Yuneec has shown in the last products, unfortunately I'm afraid not, I hope I'm wrong :p

Apparently I have read somewhere that the upgrade is around £1000 including the ground station upgrade but the 520 must be sent back to yuneec to have the rtk part installed.
Only going by the rumour mill though

Apparently I have read somewhere that the upgrade is around £1000 including the ground station upgrade but the 520 must be sent back to yuneec to have the rtk part installed.

If that’s true that is really cheap and compared to DJI it’s an absolute steal. They could gain some customers at that price point.

Yeah £1000 would be very good value. I do wonder though if it uses L1, or both L1/L2 carrier frequencies then. I'd doubt that £1000 would include a base station unless they're going to go really agressive on pricing. To be fair they're only 3-4 months behind DJI here so there is perhaps a good opportunity for market share.

Also the RTK module is apparently from a Swiss company. Having visited there briefly I can confirm that its not a cheap place!!

next question on the rtk upgrade is there any modifications that need to be done to the camera as well or just the bare h520 craft and gound station.

next question on the rtk upgrade is there any modifications that need to be done to the camera as well or just the bare h520 craft and gound station.

I'd doubt there would be work thats required, but it would vastly help the accuracy if there could be a very accurate camera calibration done (unit specific) to improve the photogrammmetric processing by the likes of Pix4D. again DJI does this with the P4P rtk - factory calibrated, loaded into the drone firmware and written to each images tags.

Only £1000? I find it too optimistic considering that around that third party RTK systems are worth it and the installation has to be done. I hope you have read or heard well :p

Only £1000? I find it too optimistic considering that around that third party RTK systems are worth it and the installation has to be done. I hope you have read or heard well :p

Looks like that was a misleading message I read as today I have found out the full upgrade will be around £2000 and this was direct from yuneec. This is a rough guide figure

Reactions: arruntus
Looks like that was a misleading message I read as today I have found out the full upgrade will be around £2000 and this was direct from yuneec. This is a rough guide figure

2200€ already seems to be a more credible figure and in line with the prices that Yuneec has been giving so far. I imagine that we will have to add the round trip to the official service.

Now we just have to wait for a review of the real functioning of the system, the initial numbers that I have seen, seem to me as little surprising, time to time.

P.S.: the like is for the trouble you took to find out the price (thank you), not because I like the quantity :p

hi folks

saw a video from CES 2019 ( H520-G and H520 RTK ) and it looks that the RTK version goes over 2.600 EUR and the new "case head" with new GPS and so on we can buy with the ground station as an upgrade for the base H520 ?

Is the new FW for the H520 with zoom factor online now?
Does this know someone?

Announcement was by email , and the post is online in the news.
But it seams that the updater app is only find the Nov 2018 Version.

H520 RTK

Software/Firmware

br

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech