Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

losing or not getting WiFi connection

Reaction score
I'm wondering if my 'loss of drone' experience is connected to the problems i'm having now of multiple tries to connect to the breeze?

I tried today and the machine powered down (timed out?) 2 times and had to restart 3 times before 'eventually' connecting to my device. Once it linked it was ok, but took a lot longer today and my phone was very near to the device and well away from the strongest wifi signal (my router) outdoors. my phone was showing other IDs.. even wifi printers. LOL

On the third attempt the Breeze ID didn't show up as an ID to select for ages and then suddenly connected automatically.. A bit concerned over this now.. I'm still in my 14 day returns window.

Thoughts please?

Try setting your phone to Airplane Mode, then connect to the Breeze. Android is notorious for giving preference to AP’s with internet access over those without. The Breeze only allows one device to attach to it and has no internet access so it gets bumped down the list. When in Airplane mode the Android OS is less picky and just looks for strong signals. It also helps to turn off automatic connection for WiFi AP’s you use regularly.

Reactions: Grazuncle
You can also use the US version of the firmware. See this thread How To: Breeze WiFi and Firmware Issues and there is a link to all firmware for the Breeze on my Google Drive. The same files can also be found here Breeze

Try setting your phone to Airplane Mode, then connect to the Breeze. Android is notorious for giving preference to AP’s with internet access over those without. The Breeze only allows one device to attach to it and has no internet access so it gets bumped down the list. When in Airplane mode the Android OS is less picky and just looks for strong signals. It also helps to turn off automatic connection for WiFi AP’s you use regularly.
Thanks for advice.

i did set airplane mode but the breeze ID didn't feature in the list to select..
I'm concerned that vibration of flight has revealed what we can here a 'dry joint' in the WiFi module..I think it was called a cold joint in the thread.

The European firmware is finicky for the 5.8 GHz WiFi that the Breeze uses. If a weather radar is detected using the channel , it hops to a different one and the binding process starts all over again. That is why I suggested using the US version of the firmware. While not strictly legal in Europe and the UK, many use it to avoid these troubles especially where there is a lot of WiFi congestion.

The only weak spot for solder that has been found on the Breeze is at the Infrared Sensor module and only on ones that have crashed or had hard landings.

If you want to test it, it is simple to do. It is easy to go back to the European version also. The instructions are there on my Google Drive for each version.

my apologies for not getting back.. esp after your efforts to help.

my experience with the Breeze didn't improve, locally at least. I sent it back for a refund within the 14 day policy... I pushed the boat out in my cash budget and didn't know what else to purchase in the range of the Breeze 4k (£129 in UK) Didn't want a Tello after having the downward operable gimble of the Breeze. The video was very good I have to admit, on the Breeze.

In the end i did a virtual swap with a Photographic store that also sold Drones. So I used their part exchange system with my camera equipment which had not been used for about 18 months and [aid very little cash

I never expected to own a drone of this price band.. ever.. Still I like the fresh possibilities of the different perspective for photography now.. just need to learn how to fly the thing.

my apologies for not getting back.. esp after your efforts to help.

my experience with the Breeze didn't improve, locally at least. I sent it back for a refund within the 14 day policy... I pushed the boat out in my cash budget and didn't know what else to purchase in the range of the Breeze 4k (£129 in UK) Didn't want a Tello after having the downward operable gimble of the Breeze. The video was very good I have to admit, on the Breeze.

In the end i did a virtual swap with a Photographic store that also sold Drones. So I used their part exchange system with my camera equipment which had not been used for about 18 months and [aid very little cash

I never expected to own a drone of this price band.. ever.. Still I like the fresh possibilities of the different perspective for photography now.. just need to learn how to fly the thing.
So what did you end up with for a new drone after trading in your photo equipment?

mini 2 fly more combo. Plus just s little cash. Could have just had the summer and single battery but the extra batteries and some cash made it appealing. Less than the refund from the Breeze.

Flying is still going to be as such a challenge as the Breeze was going to have been?

mini 2 fly more combo. Plus just s little cash. Could have just had the summer and single battery but the extra batteries and some cash made it appealing. Less than the refund from the Breeze.

Flying is still going to be as such a challenge as the Breeze was going to have been?
You will find MavicPilots.com an informative group for your MM2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval