Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Losing Wi-Fi while flying.

Reaction score
I have been losing WI-fi connectivity as of late. I look down and the display as saying it is trying to reconnect. This was a short flight. I was at 55 feet and 267 feet away. One flight I lost connectivity and it never re-connected. I hit home, landed craft, and had to cycle power to Typhoon to re-establish connection to camera. Any ideas??

Jim

I was told by Yuneec that you always have to maintain line of sight, and there can be other issues such as buildings, trees, power lines, etc. that can block or cause interference with the signal.

Contact Yuneec and ask about getting an ECO installed on your remote and Camera. You will have to send them back under warranty and wait a few weeks but it's SO worth it. Increases distance for wifi dramatically. They revise the antennas.

I have been losing WI-fi connectivity as of late. I look down and the display as saying it is trying to reconnect. This was a short flight. I was at 55 feet and 267 feet away. One flight I lost connectivity and it never re-connected. I hit home, landed craft, and had to cycle power to Typhoon to re-establish connection to camera. Any ideas??

Jim
I have had the exact same issue three times now.....but it displays the last connected still video frame instead of plain black....have to land, power down and wait for a new connection to get rid of the still frame video image stuck on the st10. ...will test again to see if i was not keeping the st10 pointed directly at the q500 within a 30¤ window.

Contact Yuneec and ask about getting an ECO installed on your remote and Camera. You will have to send them back under warranty and wait a few weeks but it's SO worth it. Increases distance for wifi dramatically. They revise the antennas.
newbie...what is an ECO? what would it cost to have the upgrade done?

An ECO us an Engingeering Change Order.
Which they will do..?

Also, I've seen a mod you can do on the controller to increase the range but I thought amplifiers were banned in the US (based on readings here)? I think the service is on Carolina drones or whatever it's called.

Which they will do..?

Also, I've seen a mod you can do on the controller to increase the range but I thought amplifiers were banned in the US (based on readings here)? I think the service is on Carolina drones or whatever it's called.
They straighten out the antenna and solder it in better. It's not amplified it's positioned for better range. They do it if you are willing to return your camera and transmitter complaining of poor and inconsistent wifi. A few hundred feet is poor range and should be resolved. There is a you tube out there to do it yourself. I just don't know where. Also it would void your warranty I think.

Reactions: Jimmer and Fleamac
They straighten out the antenna and solder it in better. It's not amplified it's positioned for better range. They do it if you are willing to return your camera and transmitter complaining of poor and inconsistent wifi. A few hundred feet is poor range and should be resolved. There is a you tube out there to do it yourself. I just don't know where. Also it would void your warranty I think.
Thanks for the info. What's the range that you have been getting?

Thanks for the info. What's the range that you have been getting?
looks like 2,000 feet for video range on this youtube video....then, "return to home" was initiated. on the return trip the video did not reappear until 600 feet prior to landing. the drone returns to where it took off and shuts down by itself.

Reactions: Jimmer
Thanks for all the info. I am going to contact Yuneec tomorrow. Will let you know what happens.

Wow. Someone doesn't understand what the term customer service and support, means. I've contacted them several times about a video connectivity and latency issue I have. Today, I spoke briefly with Eric. Explained the video connectivity problem and he explained that nothing can be done until the aircraft is registered. I've tried many times to register it through their web site, but it doesn't allow me to log in. So, I can't register it. He said he would call me right back. Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock........ I waited for about a half hour and still no call back from Eric. So, I called them, again. I explained what was going on and the gal on the phone said she would try to get another tech since Eric was on the phone. I waited on hold for about 15 minutes and hung up. I called back and got a different person who told me I couldn't speak with a technician as they were all busy on the phone. I explained to the nice lady what was going on. Long story short. I'm on hold again for who knows how long.

I own two businesses. I would never allow such a thing to happen to any of my customers. This isn't customer service nor is it support. Based on the outcome of this, I'll decide if I'm washing my hands of Yuneec and going to DJI. I've had it.

UPDATE:

Without too much of a wait, this time, I had the pleasure of speaking with Patrick. And I do mean pleasure. This guy was helpful from the start of the conversation until the end. I now have a UPS shipping label and will be shipping the camera and transmitter in the morning. He said he first worked in the repair shop and so he knew exactly what the problem is and that it's an easy fix. Looks like I'll be staying with Yuneec. Yay!

Patrick is awesome! Saved my project!

Reactions: Heli4G3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval