Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Loss of signal and drone dropped out of the sky after update

Reaction score
I have been very happy with the reliability of the Yuneec Typhoon H and am excited to add this feature to my businesses. So this came to me as a bit of a shock when the drone dropped out of the sky. I had some issues recently with GPS signal being lost but still maintained control and once or twice controller/camera/craft losing signal altogether. Has anyone encountered this? I have not flown more than 300 feet away.

The craft was found exactly below the where the video cuts out, all in good condition but was not able to recover the camera. I bought the craft pre-order and it's still within the warranty time period.

The signal for the camera and craft just stopped without warning and dropped. I am a good pilot, the craft was in sight, no battery warning or indication the signal was dropping, and I was less than 200 feet away.

Video here:

I have contacted customer support and provided files for them to look at.

Attachments

• mms_20160913_112251.jpg
    mms_20160913_112251.jpg
    783.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Sounds like total power loss, strange. Lost the cam in the water, huh.

Yes, not able to recover camera - lost a memory card as well. Looked all evening for it, found the craft in the morning. Thank goodness for the video on the S16.

I thought I would update everyone, not covered under warranty as I was flying to close to the water??

A crash is a crash. Total power loss, as long as the battery was well seated.
Do not let Yuneec off the hook so easy.
Keep on them.

I thought I would update everyone, not covered under warranty as I was flying to close to the water??

That's BS. I would kick that up to the manager, director, CEO. 1) There are no constraints on flying over anything except 'acts of God' which are a typical provision to the legalize: volcanoes, lightning, hurricanes. 2) If there are constraints I need to contact them as I fly over water 95%. That may mean return and buy another. 3) check what the external Drone insurance providers cover in respect to this.

hello sorry my english I'm french.
Me too after updating the UAV lost all signals and jute 30 meters helplessly on the controls. 4 motors broken and camera pod to change, the drone had one week :(:(:(

Dear friends and Yuneec family,

I thought I would post some good news, I received a note from tech support, they found an issue and they have repaired the craft under warranty. The news is good, I am very pleased with the customer service and the time Yuneec took to look into the matter. There seemed to be an issue found, though I don't know what but they took the time inspect the craft, controller and look at the issues with connection.

A Happy member of this community and look forward to seeing my bird again! :) Happy! Happy! :)

Regards,

hello sorry my english I'm french.
Me too after updating the UAV lost all signals and jute 30 meters helplessly on the controls. 4 motors broken and camera pod to change, the drone had one week :(:(:(
essayez d'appeler yuneec si vous êtes en France ou si vous êtes aux Etats-Unis. très probablement sa ne va pas vous coûter quoi que ce soit

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech