Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mantis Q Replacement Battery

Reaction score
I am having difficulties finding replacement batteries for the Mantis Q.
Best Buy is no longer carrying them.
If you have sources please share a link.

Reactions: MindVision Graphics
I am having difficulties finding replacement batteries for the Mantis Q.
Best Buy is no longer carrying them.
If you have sources please share a link.

Reactions: DoomMeister
You can try eBay. I was able to find Mantis Q batteries on there, however they're GIFI batteries. I've got two of these and they worked well, but battery life isn't as long as the original batteries. Here's a link if you're interested.

I bought one of the GiFis on Ebay and it worked well on a maiden flight over the weekend. I got 17 minutes of flight out of it, bringing it back for landing at around 35%. It doesn't sound like much but since my used OEM Yuneec battery only gets me 10-15 min that's a pretty good improvement.

I modified the old battery and took out the dead battery cells. I saved the connector and modified the case. It's not as beautiful as the original or $70 replacements but who cares when its up and flying ? for $20.
You need a good fine tipped soldering iron. I bought the Hakko brand at Homedepot online. If you have a shrink tube to cover the solder joints the better. I only used the JST-XHR to connect to the original Yuneec connector that I saved.
I tried it once and it flew but I still have to check the the auto landing.

Attachments

• 46FFE0C4-9BCC-4540-B59F-9A343D597E43.jpeg
    46FFE0C4-9BCC-4540-B59F-9A343D597E43.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • D4343957-0B3F-4543-86D2-5124A9BDC500.jpeg
    D4343957-0B3F-4543-86D2-5124A9BDC500.jpeg
    671.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 2773FA43-06EC-4E6A-9FF1-7FEEA58A8945.jpeg
    2773FA43-06EC-4E6A-9FF1-7FEEA58A8945.jpeg
    395.9 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: xAnubiSx and mfhy2k
I modified the old battery and took out the dead battery cells. I saved the connector and modified the case. It's not as beautiful as the original or $70 replacements but who cares when its up and flying ? for $20.
You need a good fine tipped soldering iron. I bought the Hakko brand at Homedepot online. If you have a shrink tube to cover the solder joints the better. I only used the JST-XHR to connect to the original Yuneec connector that I saved.
I am curious how this ended up working for you. Please post a few more details about how you connected up the battery to the drone and what you had to solder. Thanks so much... my battery died and I am having a very difficult time getting a replacement.

Reactions: xAnubiSx

I am curious how this ended up working for you. Please post a few more details about how you connected up the battery to the drone and what you had to solder. Thanks so much... my battery died and I am having a very difficult time getting a replacement.
It worked well. No issues so far. See the attached file. I hope it helps.

Attachments

• Mantis Q battery .pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 96
Reactions: xAnubiSx
I recommend to use the 'FCONEGY 3S 11.1v 2800mAH 40C Lipo battery pack with deans plug for FPV/Drone/Quadcopter/ RC airplane. Sold on Amazon. So far it's a good fit to the battery case of the Mantis Q.
Happy drones!

Reactions: mfhy2k
I recommend to use the 'FCONEGY 3S 11.1v 2800mAH 40C Lipo battery pack with deans plug for FPV/Drone/Quadcopter/ RC airplane. Sold on Amazon. So far it's a good fit to the battery case of the Mantis Q.
Happy drones!
Do you have the a link to the battery? I can't find that particular one.

I got 2 new gifi batteries and when I put them in the charger it keeps resetting and beeping.

This doesn't seem normal. The batteries are at 39% out of the box.

I got 2 new gifi batteries and when I put them in the charger it keeps resetting and beeping.

This doesn't seem normal. The batteries are at 39% out of the box.

If your charger keeps resetting and beeping, it may mean your battery or batteries have a bad cell(s) and are below the normal voltage level. What happens is when these batteries set on a shelf waiting to be sold, chances are they had a charge on them. When a charge higher than the recommended storage charge is left in the battery for any extended period of time, the batteries will begin to degrade and fall below the normal/safe voltage level per cell. When this happens, you may see the battery swell or seem puffy/bloated. Also your charger will recognize the low voltage in battery cell(s) when you try to charge them and alert you. This will be the auditable beep you hear from your charger. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do except return the battery if its still possible to do so and receive a replacement. Normally you can't fix the problem of low voltage in a battery cell(s). Hope this helps.

Reactions: Pier2162
I can't find a charger online.
If your charger keeps resetting and beeping, it may mean your battery or batteries have a bad cell(s) and are below the normal voltage level. What happens is when these batteries set on a shelf waiting to be sold, chances are they had a charge on them. When a charge higher than the recommended storage charge is left in the battery for any extended period of time, the batteries will begin to degrade and fall below the normal/safe voltage level per cell. When this happens, you may see the battery swell or seem puffy/bloated. Also your charger will recognize the low voltage in battery cell(s) when you try to charge them and alert you. This will be the auditable beep you hear from your charger. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do except return the battery if its still possible to do so and receive a replacement. Normally you can't fix the problem of low voltage in a battery cell(s). Hope this helps.
39% isn't that low.

At this point I cut my losses and toss out all my drone stuff.

I found a charger and it was never the batteries. New charger works great.

Reactions: Mike Irish

Did you have compass problems when using another battery?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval