Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mapping for invasive plant species

Reaction score
Hi all

Looking for a bit of advice, I have been asked if I would come to an area next month and do a site survey with a view to assisting the guys there with an aerial survey looking for invasive plants (no aliens sorry)
I did a bit of searching online and couldn't really see a huge amount, but did find a few things (they had used p3s at 50m)

I obviously need more info from them but has anyone done this type of work and what would be a ball park figure they would use.
Ie for land coverage ie £600 for every 2 Ha or price it by photos taken?
I did a trial run for agisoft and pix4d and about 690 pics takes about 6-7hrs, also this software is not cheap.
This is also different from doing roof surveys or golf pr stuff so slightly unsure.
Any pointers from anyone who has done would be appreciated, pm if you like
Sorry for the long winded post [emoji4]

Reactions: clackey
Are you saying that you've used the Typhoon H with agisoft and pix4d?

Typhoon H is not supportet by Pix4D, I know it will be, so how did you do it?
Not sure what you mean not supported by pix4d, all my work flows, point clouds etc run fine, if you mean lens information this can be input manually, in fact screen shot shows all the info on the lens, hope this helps,

20161114_212934.jpg20161114_214118.jpg20161114_212827.jpg20161114_212744.jpg
Typhoon H is not supportet by Pix4D, I know it will be, so how did you do it?

Not sure what you mean not supported by pix4d, all my work flows, point clouds etc run fine, if you mean lens information this can be input manually, in fact screen shot shows all the info on the lens, hope this helps,

View attachment 4093View attachment 4094View attachment 4095View attachment 4096
Hi, what I meen is that there is no support so the Pix4D will do the flying like with the DJI products, it is true that you kan upload what you want and it will be processed :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval