Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Question: Ideal waypoint editor for H?

Now, when you flew to record the CCC, was the H yawed to to face the subject or was the camera yawed with the ST16 Pan controls? I think using the pan controls could cause the H to film in an unexpected direction when the H subsequently flies the route and yaws to face the subject. Have a look at the waypoint values in Eric's programme, what do you think?
Amended in response to Tuna's explantion below.

Excellent thought. I agree that could be an issue. However, I was aware of the lack of programmatic control of Yam and it being 'locked' to Yaw. To answer your question, pan controls were NOT used during CCC capture. Pan toggle switch was in F position the whole time and camera was facing forward.

Side note: I do LOVE the 360 deg pan and rotation control of the gimbal on the H. I use it all the time to capture manual shots. They look good too. Nice and smooth. A positive for the H. The negatives....uugh...the negatives. :(

Greetings forum,

I'm a relatively new Typhoon H owner and long time drone pilot looking for some advice on a decent way point editor for the Typhoon H.

My goal is a SMOOTH cinematic experience when capturing video footage, as well as the ability to easily program flight paths from the office prior to flying in the field.

For context, here is my experience thus far:

First started with Eric's CCC editor. Impressive, intuitive and integrates with Google Maps nicely. Well done. However I struggle to create or edit flight patterns. What is represented on CCC editor as Yay/Yam and the intended direction of the H and its camera, is not the direction the H is in flight.

Here is what I did,

I flew a flight and grabbed way points. Saved the CCC file and then re-flew and recorded the flight. Transferred CCC file to PC and opened in CCC editor. See output below. What it shows is not representative of the direction the H was pointing. An inspection of the video supports this.

QR 2016 1027 - North 13.mp4

Note: video starts at Way point B. Way point A is just a staging location.

I also suspect a Yaw/Yam of 562 is strange. Is this value not based on a 360 degree orientation?

Also, editing the orientation and adding way points in CCC editor, looks great on the editor but the orientation is not correct when the created flight is flown. Frustrating as flight time is limited and costly.

Either way, maybe someone who has more knowledge and experience with this application can assist, as I really like the interface. I just can't get it to work correctly.

View attachment 3888

So I moved on to Flight Planner H.

A similar web based app that has some nice features. Integration with gmail account and ability to save projects to Drive, convenient! Had issues with the interface, non intuitive and buggy. Navigation and programming way points was challenging. Ended up reloading page often to get out of a scroll lock thing with the map underlay. Couldn't "drop" location or way point pins. Tried on Chrome and Firefox.

View attachment 3889

and then on to Feersum Technologies Flight Center.
Loaded the APK on to the ST16 and wow, this is a sophisticated app. Really nice!!! Powerful!

but I misunderstood and thought it had full PC control. After, joining the ST16 to my WiFi and opening the interface via browser. ****...no flight editor capabilities. Just telemetry files and media. or am I missing something?

A requirement for me is to edit on a PC. It's a bit too frustrating and inefficient to program way points on a tiny tablet screen via touch interface. Keyboard and mouse for editing please.

So that's my story....and my question is what do you guys suggest to create quick clean flight patterns?

Is there another editor out there?

thanks and sorry for the long post, hope it makes sense.

-ZenLife
The video doe the H a lot of credit - I was looking at the windy conditions and not a mummer from the H. Well done!

hey Jonas, The issue isn't the inability to control camera/gimbal Yam. My understanding is, this is due to the inability of Yuneec's as all 3rd party H way point editors fall to the same inability. Locking the aircraft Yaw with the Gimbal Yam is just the way it is until Yuneec rewrites autopilot and/or opens up the API. So we work around that, as you mentioned.

This is issue is with the Yaw (and Yam as they are the same for now) and what CCC Editor says the H will be oriented; versus which direction it actually is during flight. Sorry if I did not explain this well.
My experience with Eric's CCC Editor is positive. True, Yaw and Yam are locked together despite what the program shows. The solution is to put the camera yaw control switch into GLOBAL mode. Then you can drive the camera around in real-time with the joy-stick while the TH flies the programmed path. I love it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco