Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mapping / Survey - migrating from Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im joining you here from the Inspirepilots.com where I have flown mapping and survey missions for the last couple of years, complete with rtk gnss ground control and 1cm accuracy, then full internal post processing, etc - so Im quite happy with all that. We do everything in-house and dont outsource any processing.

My question is this, moving from DJI where there is a lot of support via Map Pilot, GS Pro, etc which will allow terrain management, and the ability to fly poi at multiple orbits and combine Ndair with Oblique, from what I can see so far, there is one application for the 520 which is Data Pilot which is an all-in-one.

I can see it offers simple survey grids and waypoints, but I dont see any advanced survey options like GS Pro, Map Pilot, and Datufly for example.

Also in respect to the Phantom 4 Pro which has a 1" sensor and 20mp and mechanical shutter, hows does the Quneec camera fair in comparison. When using the FLir, are you able to capture images as a mapping mission also?

All comments welcome, thanks.

Have an Inspire 2, Mavic Pro 2 & Yuneec Tornado H920+. Am looking to upgrade to thermal capability. Are there any bolt on solutions out there? I don’t want to spend $10K for a camera.

Would like to migrate away from DJI because some of these Government contracts are tending to reject Chinese sourced products.

DataPilot is pretty much the only option at this point with the H520's. We did beta testing with SiteScan on iOS, but I never saw it go anywhere. The lack of multiple POI's on waypoint and orbit missions and vertical scanning are still needed, but for standard mapping, aerials and videos DP gets the job done.

Unfortunately for thermal the E10T series is the only option worth a flip and they start at $6k for the 320px up to the 640px at $10k. I've contemplated getting certified for Thermal Inspections (in our area), but need to be able to understand the market a little better before shelling that out.

The E90 and I assume new E90X map well, but the Yuneec default JPEG development is quite a bit different than the on the camera enhancements that other manufacturers use. It is a true RAW converted to JPEG in that everything is muted and meant for post-processing. They do have Vivid and Enhanced modes, but we always should default and correct for exposure and add the amount of color we want for each mission.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanidharavi