Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Maytech Carbon Fiber props for the H

Just a tid bit from my airplane days. I mostly flew larger engines with appropriately sized props, 22” to 30”, but wood props always disintegrated when they hit something, glass fiber props would throw a blade, but carbon props more often than not ripped the engine and firewall from the fuselage while splintering a blade.

There’s benefits to frangibility.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Just a tid bit from my airplane days. I mostly flew larger engines with appropriately sized props, 22” to 30”, but wood props always disintegrated when they hit something, glass fiber props would throw a blade, but carbon props more often than not ripped the engine and firewall from the fuselage while splintering a blade.

There’s benefits to frangibility.

Did you mean flexibility

Nope. The ability of one part to break easily in order to protect other more expensive parts from being broken or damaged. Lot easier to replace a prop than it is to straighten a bent crank or replace the front of an airplane.

Similar applies to multirotors. Replace an easily broken prop, or replace motor booms and/or power boards with ESC’s damaged from current overloads induced by sudden motor stoppage. If the ESC’s were separate components like in days of yore the process is time consuming, relatively easy, but expensive. With today’s integrated ESC’s it’s no longer easy, much more time consuming, and a lot more expensive.

The only benefit of carbon props in the sizes used on the H is the “cool factor” when looking at them stopped on the ground. For some that’s pretty important. It’s their money...

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Nope. The ability of one part to break easily in order to protect other more expensive parts from being broken or damaged. Lot easier to replace a prop than it is to straighten a bent crank or replace the front of an airplane.

Similar applies to multirotors. Replace an easily broken prop, or replace motor booms and/or power boards with ESC’s damaged from current overloads induced by sudden motor stoppage. If the ESC’s were separate components like in days of yore the process is time consuming, relatively easy, but expensive. With today’s integrated ESC’s it’s no longer easy, much more time consuming, and a lot more expensive.

The only benefit of carbon props in the sizes used on the H is the “cool factor” when looking at them stopped on the ground. For some that’s pretty important. It’s their money...

I will stick with OEM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace