Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Maytech Carbon Fiber props for the H

Reaction score
Received my Carbon Fiber props yesterday and installed and did a test flight.

1. The props didn't quite fit right, they would go on the motor but would not twist and lock. I had to remove some of the inside of the hole and also clean up either paint or carbon fiber off the 4 tabs and then they twisted on.

2. Stupid design IMO. Default props A are all black, B props have white circle. Now you would have thought something similar on the CF props right? There is an all black prop and then a prop with silver where the tabs are. What is messed up is the all black prop is the B prop and the one with the silver tabs is the A prop. Really? They couldn't figure out to make the silver one the B prop and the black one the A prop to kind of match the default ones?

3. They are pretty rigid, way more so than the stock props

4. I found them to be louder than the stock props when the motors are running. Climb performance seems a bit better. Overall I'm happy with them, just need to spend more time flying with them.

cf h props.jpg

The color issue alone is a deal breaker for me. I'll stick with the stock props. You're right, that was really stupid.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
The fact that you had to make alterations to them so that you could fit them would have been enough for me to demand my money back, and that's quite apart from the colour coding issue. I'd say they weren't fit for purpose and should be avoided...But that's just my opinion.

@FlushVision The removal the excess black whatever is was so minor and not affecting anything on the prop only the coating on the metal so no harm no foul. Just irritating it had to be done to start with

@Mickeyboo I run CF on my Phantom so wanted to try them out on the H. As well I am happy with the stock ones too.

I'm going to get a set of these CF props and add them to the batch I'm currently testing. When done, I'll be posting prop curves showing thrust vs. current. The best prop is the one that gives you the needed thrust for the lowest current draw - unless noise is a major issue. Stay tuned.

I tipped over on landing and shattered two plastic props without any damage to the motors. I wonder if the stronger carbon fiber props would transfer more energy to the motors and be more prone to damaging them. I think I like the props that break and take up the energy.

Clem

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Is possible that the reason they switched up the colors is so you don't cross the props from a normal prop to a carbon fiber prop you don't want to get them mixed up. I have some carbon fiber props on my ALLTEL and they are quieter than the normal props so I don't know

Is possible that the reason they switched up the colors is so you don't cross the props from a normal prop to a carbon fiber prop you don't want to get them mixed up. I have some carbon fiber props on my ALLTEL and they are quieter than the normal props so I don't know

I don't think so, if you notice the picture, the are night and day so don't think there is a chance of putting them together because they look alike.

I tipped over on landing and shattered two plastic props without any damage to the motors. I wonder if the stronger carbon fiber props would transfer more energy to the motors and be more prone to damaging them. I think I like the props that break and take up the energy.

Clem
Ditto!

Sent from my HS-10DTB12A-16M using Tapatalk

I have used CF props on many of my home built multirotors. Some have been lighter and quieter than the plastic ones. I always figured 1 second of flight lost for every gram of added weight, so 30 grams more for these props might cost half a minute of flight unless they are somehow more efficient. Noise usually means wasted energy. Please let us know how they work out.

I just bought 3 sets....... Hope it is worth it.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Ended up sanding the hubs on the CF props to get them to fit the TH. They work great! I added a dot of nail polish to the top of the white props to distinguish them from the black props. I did notice a pick up in speed by 2.5MPH also.

It is normal to have to sand some burrs off of most carbon fiber products.

They work great.... I'm thinking of ordering a backup set just to have. I wish they offered a more aggressively pitched prop for speed.

Received my Carbon Fiber props yesterday and installed and did a test flight.

1. The props didn't quite fit right, they would go on the motor but would not twist and lock. I had to remove some of the inside of the hole and also clean up either paint or carbon fiber off the 4 tabs and then they twisted on.

2. Stupid design IMO. Default props A are all black, B props have white circle. Now you would have thought something similar on the CF props right? There is an all black prop and then a prop with silver where the tabs are. What is messed up is the all black prop is the B prop and the one with the silver tabs is the A prop. Really? They couldn't figure out to make the silver one the B prop and the black one the A prop to kind of match the default ones?

3. They are pretty rigid, way more so than the stock props

4. I found them to be louder than the stock props when the motors are running. Climb performance seems a bit better. Overall I'm happy with them, just need to spend more time flying with them.

View attachment 3825

good to know I am still considering whether or not to get them after reading a bunch of comments.
Thanks Keith Kuhn

Clem

you are right the standard typhoon H props probably are better due to the fact that they break. The carbon fiber may be nice but may cause harm to the motor if they do not break. I was considering getting some CF props but I don't believe I should now.

I just bought 3 sets....... Hope it is worth it.

I would like to know what you think of them I haven't bought them yet and don't think I should . But I sure would like to know what your results are.
Keith Kuhn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval