Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Micro SD card capacity?

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know the max size of SD card that can be used in the CG03 and the ST16?

No mention in the manual, it's worthwhile to get a 128 GB card if the H will support it...

Thanks!

I just found this in the Q500 4K manual (I assume it's the same for the CG03+)

"You can use the included 16GB card or any name brand Class 10 microSD card up to 128GB."

Many 4K video cameras require a Class 10, U3 - Read Speed of 90 MB/s & Write Speed of 80 MB/s.

I tried one of these super fast 90 MB/s cards in the TYPHOON H, works well but not necessary as the camera does not produce large files at high bit rates. This means that if you buy a 16, 32, 64 or 128 GB micro SD, you don't have to invest in a super fast card. Anything with a write speed above 40 MB/s should work.

I was watching a video the other day and I could have sworn he said it supported up to a 32gb card. I thought that sounded wrong! Anyone else heard or read?

On page 5 in the Manual it says - 'any Class 10 microSD card from 16GB to 128GB'.

STEP 4: REMOVE THE PROTECTIVE COVER AND INSERT THE SD CARD

Carefully remove the protective cover from the camera lens. Insert the

included 16GB card or any Class 10 microSD card (U3 speed capable of 4K

data rates) from 16GB to 128GB.

Reactions: Rayray
I've used cards from 4 to 128gig in the camera with no problems. I settled on a 64 gig card since it will hold more data than I can shoot over a few days.

Reactions: MarkC
I was watching a video the other day and I could have sworn he said it supported up to a 32gb card. I thought that sounded wrong! Anyone else heard or read?

I believe that is the ST16 card capacity, not the craft camera.

I'm with PatR. I like to have a lot of cards floating around to ensure that I don't end up somewhere without one. It's the detail I'm most likely to overlook when I'm in a hurry. The 64GB size seems to balance capacity and price better than any other.

Reactions: Arkansas Pilot
Hi,

I've been using a Samsung 128 GB card in my H.
The ST16 ( last time I checked ) will not accept that as it has to be formatted in FAT32.

I have had problems with my Samsung card saving corrupted files or even completely failing to save pictures and movies.
After research on this forum and then on the internet I've just ordered a 64GB ( V60 speed ) card.
I don't think a massive card is needed.
Worst case:
A whole day's shooting get's corrupted or lost if the drone goes down in the sea.
Smaller cards would mean you at least have the images. ( we hope )

Just my thoughts . . . .

Jim

Video files do not become corrupted unless you forget to stop the video. If you start a video and shut down the H without first stopping the video it will be corrupt every time. You must push the record button twice for each video. Once to start and once to stop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval