Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

MicroSD Card - ST-16 Files Are Different

Reaction score
Hello all the great helpers :) It has been a while since I needed help, but I am confident I will get it here. Having not posted in a while, I tried searching but was not finding my answer.

I just did a session, recording 1080p x 60fps videos with the only microSD card I have ever used in my CGO3 camera on my Typhoon H.

I did not notice a drop in video signal, or that the camera disconnected while flying. However, when I got home, I noticed that the footage I uploaded was missing some files.

I went to the ST-16 to verify that I did record them and the low res files are there. I just do NOT have them on the camera microSD card. I have never had this happen. I have videos, before the missing file AND after without any issues.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is that footage just lost? Am I stuck using the low res footage (which is not the end of the world, but you know)

Thank you in advance.

Many times this is caused by shutting down the H, but neglecting to first stopping your recording. To try and recover these files, start up both the controller and the aircraft... make sure you put the same SD card back in the CGO3... it is not necessary to actually take off.

When both the ST-16 and H are fully booted up, start recording video for 5 seconds... stop recording and shut down both the ST-16 and H normally. Now when you check your microSD card you should find those missing files, as well as a 5 second video of your dog. ?

thanks for the quick reply. I have been down the road of recovering some files that were not finished before I turned the H off, but that is not the case here. The missing file happens to be in the middle of a flight or around 15 minutes. Non-stop.

If that middle file got corrupted because of the camera disconnection, it may not be able to be recovered. Hopefully someone else might have a solution.

Reactions: skwty
I typically do not format before each flight. I have another card to see what happens. I have never seen this before and haven't changed any of my "normal" routine while flying that is why it is so puzzling.

There was something similar which was supposedly fixed in updates, where if the camera disconnected the video would stop and when connection was reestablished the video has stopped and needs to be started again, the footage was lost between loss of signal and restarting video, once the screen video was back on.

I typically do not format before each flight.
It is actually important to format the card after you copy the files to your computer. The file structure becomes fragmented on the card from writing and deleting files. It may look blank but the file structure can still be fragmented. That can cause a slow down in writing to the card.

It is actually important to format the card after you copy the files to your computer. The file structure becomes fragmented on the card from writing and deleting files. It may look blank but the file structure can still be fragmented. That can cause a slow down in writing to the card.
If you look on the internet, there are as many articles saying "every time" to "format a few times a year" Is there anything concrete to the H in particular which justifies every time? Would be good to see a poll on who does what.

Since it takes only a few seconds to do a quick format, it's a good practice. I have seen numerous problems solved by formatting including writing issues. If you format every time it takes that potential issue out of the equation.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
Since it takes only a few seconds to do a quick format, it's a good practice. I have seen numerous problems solved by formatting including writing issues. If you format every time it takes that potential issue out of the equation.
Ok. I can get on board with reformatting each one, even though it seems every person has a different experience. I will add the process to my "normal" routine. Thanks for the info!

It could be happen many time, When I lost files from my mavic drone and I try to recover missing files with the help of DJI GO App and Stellar Photo Recovery software which help to recover missing files from microSD card and drone as well. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis