Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Modified Typhoon H to fly across entire length of Canada

Reaction score

In celebration of Canada’s 150th birthday, Duracell is launching the Explorer150, the first drone to travel across Canada, capturing footage of this beautiful country, and live streaming it for Canadians everywhere.

The drone’s journey will begin in Beavercreek, Yukon and ends in St. John’s, Newfoundland. The Duracell Explorer 150 will showcase Canada like never seen before.

•Duracell’s Explorer150 drone footage will be live streamed on Maclean’s website visit macleans.ca/duracelldrone
•The Explorer150 online hub macleans.ca/duracelldrone features an interactive map to view stored drone footage and watch human interest stories
•Follow on social media @Duracell and #explorer150

An interesting project and a great step in good PR for both Yuneec and RC multirotors in general. Thank you for posting.

CAPTAINDRONE,

Thank you for posting!!! It's cool to see them taking a Typhoon and putting it through what looks to be a major test of the unit.

I always enjoy your Youtube postings on your channel! You do very nice work! Being 100% new to everything that is Radio Controlled, this Forum and your Youtube Channel have been great help to me.

I've had my Yuneec Typhoon H Pro for about a month. I've yet to put her in the air. I'm trying to learn as much as possible.

I do NOT want to turn an expensive (for me anyways) Typhoon H Pro into a Yard Dart (the older folks will know what this is)!!! Don't take me wrong, I'm looking forward to flying!

Thank you again! Keep up the great work!

Willie

I do NOT want to turn an expensive Typhoon H Pro into a Yard Dart
I love it. Creates an immediate mental image. And....you have the right approach. Wish more new owners took the time to prevent disasters.

That looks like an excellent project, I hope they have a lot of attention from it.

CAPTAINDRONE,

Thank you for posting!!! It's cool to see them taking a Typhoon and putting it through what looks to be a major test of the unit.

I always enjoy your Youtube postings on your channel! You do very nice work! Being 100% new to everything that is Radio Controlled, this Forum and your Youtube Channel have been great help to me.

I've had my Yuneec Typhoon H Pro for about a month. I've yet to put her in the air. I'm trying to learn as much as possible.

I do NOT want to turn an expensive (for me anyways) Typhoon H Pro into a Yard Dart (the older folks will know what this is)!!! Don't take me wrong, I'm looking forward to flying!

Thank you again! Keep up the great work!

Willie

Thanks for the kind words.

My suggestion to get you to feel a bit more comfortable with your first flight is to practice on a simple basic drone. I just demo'd a $20 one on my channel. Since these cheap drones have position height hold and stability, they "sort of" fly like the bigger drones with their GPS turned off.... and you can fly them indoors. Makes for good hand-eye coordination with the controller and drone movement response.

Steve

Reactions: Willie

In celebration of Canada’s 150th birthday, Duracell is launching the Explorer150, the first drone to travel across Canada, capturing footage of this beautiful country, and live streaming it for Canadians everywhere.

The drone’s journey will begin in Beavercreek, Yukon and ends in St. John’s, Newfoundland. The Duracell Explorer 150 will showcase Canada like never seen before.

•Duracell’s Explorer150 drone footage will be live streamed on Maclean’s website visit macleans.ca/duracelldrone
•The Explorer150 online hub macleans.ca/duracelldrone features an interactive map to view stored drone footage and watch human interest stories
Great but I dont understand how they will power It? By landning and change/charge the batteries every half hour or so? Pls explain to me..

Last edited:

I wrote Duracell and asked how they will handle the power issue...Will tell you when they keep'n touch.

Looks like there is power coming from the drone as well to the live stream.
So maybe they can keep live streaming but remove the drone battery. With it still running.

They could have used a tether system and had it in the car or pickup and driven around.... Unlimited flight time that way.

Watched some of their videos....
What is up on YouTube is just edited footage.
So it would be interesting to watch the live feed.
Also they are using an Inspire 2 as well.
You see it in this video.
IMG_2433.PNG

IMG_2434.PNG

Last edited:
Looks like there is power coming from the drone as well to the live stream.
So maybe they can keep live streaming but remove the drone battery. With it still running.

They could have used a tether system and had it in the car or pickup and driven around.... Unlimited flight time that way.

Watched some of their videos....
What is up on YouTube is just edited footage.
So it would be interesting to watch the live feed.
Also they are using an Inspire 2 as well.
You see it in this video.
View attachment 6855

View attachment 6856
Hi! What is the challenge to fly a drone across Canada if you do it in "1000" of small steps with a huge support truck? I thought they would come up with a new Duracell way to power the drone!
I have written to them about how they power the drone .. no response... Where's the Duracell accomplishment in this drone show?

From watching the footage on the website it looks like what they are actually doing is taking the H across Canada in a van and just launching it here and there!

From watching the footage on the website it looks like what they are actually doing is taking the H across Canada in a van and just launching it here and there!
In what way is Duracell performing except drivning a huge van cross Canada! I guess they are flying the drone 1/100 % of the distans coast to coast! Why all that noise about this trip?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval