Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Motor Failure

Reaction score
Took my Typhoon H out for the first time a few days ago, did two or three short flights, went to take off again and the ST16 warned to go into 5 prop mode and I noticed that the left hand prop wasn't working!
Switched everything off, then re-booted and the same thing happened, it has now gone back to Yuneec and am awaiting a replacement.
Has anyone had, or heard of this problem before?

Took my Typhoon H out for the first time a few days ago, did two or three short flights, went to take off again and the ST16 warned to go into 5 prop mode and I noticed that the left hand prop wasn't working!
Switched everything off, then re-booted and the same thing happened, it has now gone back to Yuneec and am awaiting a replacement.
The warning happens when a motor fails, or a prop is not on and /or fly's off. I have read one or two on here had a bad motor and Yuneec fixed them up !

Reactions: Pilot Officer Jimbo
Exact same thing happened to me yesterday, only had it since Friday, had smelled like it was burning when I brought it I to land, was very hot to touch, I moved locations and started up and let it idle and it died after a few seconds, had to take it back to my dealer, pretty hacked off as only had it three days, just so glad it wasn't in the air, I don't wanna test the redundancy out

Very rare a motor goes bad. These brushless motors are almost bullet proof. Thankfully we have Yuneec.

Very rare a motor goes bad. These brushless motors are almost bullet proof. Thankfully we have Yuneec.
Yep dealer did say I was the 1st and was obviously unlucky, I was tempted to ask for a new machine, but felt that was a bit tight lol, so should have it back by Friday

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Keep us posted Graeme.

Yes I will too, as yet there is no news from the supplier as they have a two day backlog!
Hope it's not all Typhoons lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval