Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Motor problem

Reaction score

With your help, the aircraft software was updated successfully! However, a problem arose. When you press the takeoff button to prepare for takeoff, the motors rotate without any problem, but when the aircraft takes off, both right and left motors act as if they are jerking and do not operate properly. Is this a problem with the motor? Or is it a problem with ESC?

Sounds like it goes to 5-rotor mode. You can check if some debries are between motor outrunner and magnets and remove them if so. In the flightlog you can see what motor is affected if it cannot detected by GUI. But I think motortes in GUI should be enough to find affected motor. You can change motor arms to another place and check if the error moves or not. So you can decide if it is the motor or the ESC.

Sounds like it goes to 5-rotor mode. You can check if some debries are between motor outrunner and magnets and remove them if so. In the flightlog you can see what motor is affected if it cannot detected by GUI. But I think motortes in GUI should be enough to find affected motor. You can change motor arms to another place and check if the error moves or not. So you can decide if it is the motor or the ESC.
Thank you. May I ask how I check the flight log?

Thank you. May I ask how I check the flight log?
This link will show how to upload the flight log to the Forum for review.

If you want to review the logs yourself, @h-elsner provided a program and a manual:

Reactions: MountainDroneTN
이 링크는 검토를 위해 기록을 업로드하는 방법을 표시합니다.

로그를 직접 검토하고 기록해 두었습니다. @h-elsner가 프로그램과 매뉴얼을 제공했습니다.
Attached is the flight log!

Attachments

• FlightLog.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
It is motor 2 in first 3 cases (11. and 12. April with take off) and one time motor 4 (in 00027 without take off). Log 00027 has also a massive compass error - I think this is some kind of test, not a real case.

처음 3개의 경우(4월 11일과 12일 이륙 있음)의 경우 모터 2이고 1회 모터 4(00027에서 이륙 없음)입니다. Log 00027에도 엄청난 나침반 오류가 있습니다. 제 생각에는 이것은 실제 사례가 아닌 일종의 테스트인 것 같습니다.
We flew outside around 12:00 on April 12th!

When I checked the 25 26 27 file using q500log, there were no errors identified. So, is there a problem with the motor or ESC?

Last edited:
log 00025: at 20240412 12:09:44:459 motor_status changes from 255 (OK) to 253 (Motor 2 fail) midflight
log 00026: at 20240412 12:13:29:268 motor_status changes from 255 (OK) to 253 (Motor 2 fail) midflight
log 00027: at 20240412 19:59:01:025 motor_status changes from 255 (OK) to 247 (Motor 4 fail) while IPS is on (indoor?).

If this is a problem with motor or ESC you can find out if you change the motor arm to another position. If the error moves to this position then it is the motor. If the error remains at the old position then it is the ESC.

Have you checked motor 2 if there are debries at the magnets? Sometimes small metal parts remains on the magnets inside the motor or debries from defect magnets.

br HE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig