Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

motor stall after crashing

Reaction score
my breeze drone motor stall after crashing , i replaced the motor and did reset as well but non of them didnt work. can anybody help me?

Are you saying you replaced the motor with a new one and it doesn’t work?

Sounds as if the board the motors plug into is probably bad.

If the other motors are working, try plugging that motor into another position on the board to see if it will spin up. Or plug one of the working motors into the position that is not working. I suspect a surface mounted fuse blew on the ESC that controls that motor position.

I am planning to do that. thank you for your feedback. ill give u update after switching motor position.

You also could try a reset (hole next to the USB connector of your Breeze, press the hidden button with a paperclip - full instructions HowTo in this forum) If it does not help it will do no harm either.

Sounds as if the board the motors plug into is probably bad.

If the other motors are working, try plugging that motor into another position on the board to see if it will spin up. Or plug one of the working motors into the position that is not working. I suspect a surface mounted fuse blew on the ESC that controls that motor position.

hello doomeister. fiest of all i want to thank you .
I interchanged the 2 motors at the back. it seems your suspect is right. there is no problem with the motor. It works fine when i plugged it to the good side and the other motor stop working when i plugged in to bad side. ( left rear ). Do you know which part or any circuit board i need to change? part# or pic? again... thank u very much

hi airborne, thank you for the input i tried the reset but it didnt work. according to doomeister its probably the fuse . I Just dont know which parts need to be replaced.

Unfortunately I have no prints for the circuit boards, so I can’t tell you which component on the board would need to be replaced. I also can’t seem to find a board that looks like that on any of the search results on Google.

If you are able to get the $149 deal at Walmart, that may be your best bet. The replacement board prices for some of the other boards in the Breeze are almost that much. Keep the older one for spare parts.

You can always try contacting Yuneec to see if they would repair it under warranty, but that would be unlikely if the crash were your fault.

Just out of curiosity, do you remember what flight mode you were using when you had your crash?

it was orbit mode. i set the range too far. it crashed to my neighbor's house. lol

ESC's (electronic speed control) are all rated with a current spec - something like 5A (5 amps), 20A, 50A 80A and larger. What happens is when the motor gets 'loaded' - meaning the propeller is turning but resistance is encountered (like when you crash) the motor loads up or stops running and the ESC burns up - as it draws too much current. This is what happened to you - you hit the house, the ESC tried to keep the motor going, but the blades were not allowed to turn - thus, too much current. A bit more technical, ESC's use FET's (Field Effect Transistors), these are a very low 'on' resistance components and act sort of like a switch. When too much current is pulled they overheat and basically fry. There MIGHT be a little board connected to the motor wires - or perhaps the ESC's are integrated into a main board. If separate, you could replace the ESC if you could find one (hard to do), if integrated into the main board, you would have to replace the FET or the complete board. Either way, if you have not done things like this before, a bit difficult.

As per a few posts above this - TAKE YOUR TIME.. not knowing what is going to happen when you start leads to disaster in 90% of the situations. Read, and understand the directions and Tasks. I know, I sound like a preacher - and sorry for that, but crashing is not necessary - and in the worst cases (which happens a lot) it gives the communities a poor view of drones - this is why so many regulations are now in place and NFZ's. It's just unfortunate that people's privacy, crashes, and flying outside LOS causes so many issues - but it's a fact of life for a drone pilot.

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval