Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mount Set: CGO3+

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a top mount? It seems like its out of stock everywhere....

Thanks!

Google part number YUNCGO3P105. You might have better luck finding one with the part number.

If you are asking about the pins that go through the dampers, most folks would say yes. However, I have temporarily removed them from my CG03+ cameras. I would rather the dampers come out and damage the slip ring wires, than to remain in place and break the mount. My decision is based on the current high price and low availability of the mounts, compared to the far less expensive and easily available slip ring assemblies (if you buy direct from China.) It is not my permanent opinion. If top mounts become available again, I'll put the pins back in. Note that damage to the slip ring wires COULD short out and damage the camera or drone itself, but that is something you will have to evaluate for yourself. I have repaired about 10 cameras with damaged slip rings. None had electrical damage other than the wires.

I would ask @Cmendemen to weigh in on this. He has a LOT more experience with these repairs.

If you want security, many folks remove the pins and replace them with fishing line, dental floss or even tie wraps. That's the opposite of the way I went, but it needs to be part of your decision.

Reactions: thewesfob
The pins/clips are not necessary. I believe they are there to keep the two mounts from separating in the event of a minor accident. Most drone accidents are not minor and the mounts will separate regardless and damage the slip ring and possibly the mounting rails on the top mounting plate. I have seen instances where the accident was minor enough that the pins did keep the mounts secured, but we're talking less than 10%.

Reactions: WTFDproject
The pins/clips are not necessary. I believe they are there to keep the two mounts from separating in the event of a minor accident. Most drone accidents are not minor and the mounts will separate regardless and damage the slip ring and possibly the mounting rails on the top mounting plate. I have seen instances where the accident was minor enough that the pins did keep the mounts secured, but we're talking less than 10%.
Not looking for an argument, but 10% of what? The amount of repairs you've done? Or do you mean a low percentage survive with a low impact crash. It's very difficult to come up with accurate percentages unless your a repair facility?

Not looking for an argument, but 10% of what? The amount of repairs you've done? Or do you mean a low percentage survive with a low impact crash. It's very difficult to come up with accurate percentages unless your a repair facility?
Unlike the U.K., the US has had several repair facilities that used to repair Yuneec products give it up due to non-profitable arrangements with Yuneec for warranty service. United Radio in Syracuse, NY is one of them that dropped Yuneec due to Yuneec not paying them in a timely manner and dropping that part of the business to save the rest. My camera was repaired at UR this past spring and I called there after learning they dropped Yuneec because my camera still had warranty through UR on the repair work. The employee informed me that they no longer did warranty work for Yuneec because it wasn’t profitable. I explained that they still owed me 30 more days warranty on the repair they performed. At that point the employee gave me a more detailed explanation of why UR no longer worked on Yuneec products.
So yes there are several people that have the experience you suggest and choose not to expose themselves to being asked about every problem that comes up on the forum, but do contribute where they feel they can help.

Unlike the U.K., the US has had several repair facilities that used to repair Yuneec products give it up due to non-profitable arrangements with Yuneec for warranty service. United Radio in Syracuse, NY is one of them that dropped Yuneec due to Yuneec not paying them in a timely manner and dropping that part of the business to save the rest. My camera was repaired at UR this past spring and I called there after learning they dropped Yuneec because my camera still had warranty through UR on the repair work. The employee informed me that they no longer did warranty work for Yuneec because it wasn’t profitable. I explained that they still owed me 30 more days warranty on the repair they performed. At that point the employee gave me a more detailed explanation of why UR no longer worked on Yuneec products.
So yes there are several people that have the experience you suggest and choose not to expose themselves to being asked about every problem that comes up on the forum, but do contribute where they feel they can help.
I think you'd misunderstood what I'm saying. Percentage are difficult to compile, it was nothing to do with repair facilities, if I repaired that particular problem alot then I could say only I small perentage survive, nobody was asking for personal or occupation details! Will just agree to disagree!

The two corner pins are present to prevent the camera from separating-in flight. They were not designed or intended to retain the camera during a trashed landing or a crash.

When you look at it, there's very little on the copter which won't be affected by a crash, most of it is designed for looks with a minimum of protection. Weight and cost I would think are the biggest factors.

I don't have access to Yuneec's design intent. Was it to prevent damage if the damper vibrates out in flight? Maybe. Was the target event a bouncy landing? Maybe. Sudden heavy maneuver in flight, or maybe something else or maybe just a general backup for "whatever", I don't know because I don't have access to what the design team had in mind.

But what we CAN see as consumers is that it takes a certain amount of force (with some range) to separate the dampers. A certain additional force (with some range) to separate the dampers with the pins installed. We can see, as consumers, is that it takes a certain force (with some range) to break the mount rails. And we can see in our broken plastic that there is some overlap in the ranges of the various forces. And we can reasonably SPECULATE the higher range of forces created by the pins tend to increase the overlap with the force needed to break a given set of rails during a given event.

Does removal of the pins ensure the survival of the mount rails? Nope. The slip ring wires also require a force to separate them. The lay, the twist, the angle of impact, imperfections in wire and solder, all seem likely to create a range of force required to separate the wires. And the cases where the dampers are out AND the rails are broken suggest these ranges also overlap. And sometimes the drone side rails break, suggesting to us that the range of forces on each component can vary due to variations in the event.

My intention in the post above was to state an opinion and provide the OP with some thoughts to consider. Each of us has the freedom to evaluate and draw a conclusion based on our needs. Someone that has difficulty changing out a slip ring would have a different preference than someone who doesn't want to hunt for a top mount.

And all of this is just discussing the trade-off between slip ring damage and top mount, in the small part of the overall range of collision forces where this would be the only effect. Pins or not, if the force is enough that the camera comes off, then it comes off. And damage to the camera (and the drone) is a whole other world.

Last edited:
I don't have access to Yuneec's design intent. Was it to prevent damage if the damper vibrates out in flight? Maybe. Was the target event a bouncy landing? Maybe. Sudden heavy maneuver in flight, or maybe something else or maybe just a general backup for "whatever", I don't know because I don't have access to what the design team had in mind.

But what we CAN see as consumers is that it takes a certain amount of force (with some range) to separate the dampers. A certain additional force (with some range) to separate the dampers with the pins installed. We can see, as consumers, is that it takes a certain force (with some range) to break the mount rails. And we can see in our broken plastic that there is some overlap in the ranges of the various forces. And we can reasonably SPECULATE the higher range of forces created by the pins tend to increase the overlap with the force needed to break a given set of rails during a given event.

Does removal of the pins ensure the survival of the mount rails? Nope. The slip ring wires also require a force to separate them. The lay, the twist, the angle of impact, imperfections in wire and solder, all seem likely to create a range of force required to separate the wires. And the cases where the dampers are out AND the rails are broken suggest these ranges also overlap. And sometimes the drone side rails break, suggesting to us that the range of forces on each component can vary due to variations in the event.

My intention in the post above was to state an opinion and provide the OP with some thoughts to consider. Each of us has the freedom to evaluate and draw a conclusion based on our needs. Someone that has difficulty changing out a slip ring would have a different preference than someone who doesn't want to hunt for a top mount.

And all of this is just discussing the trade-off between slip ring damage and top mount, in the small part of the overall range of collision forces where this would be the only effect. Pins or not, if the force is enough that the camera comes off, then it comes off. And damage to the camera (and the drone) is a whole other world.
All valid points. The crash and subsequent damage will determine the repair, even potential damage limitations may not help, every crash is different with possibly different degrees of damage, the main worry having the parts available to repair it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval