Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Moving the GPS and COMPASS MODULE.

Please don't remind me. I was the unfortunate recipient of a DLA engine in a plane I bought. Sheer garbage. I have had decent results with DLE, although I agree they essentially copied DA. DLE is worlds different from DLA, so even in their copies they are widely varied in quality.

Align suffered from this too, despite being a Chinese company. Their designs were copied (stolen) and the market flooded with knock offs and lower quality parts. I call it the Walmart Paradox. We all hate what Walmart did to Main Street, all the while flocking to Walmart due to low prices.

Reactions: PatR
The name of your paradox is aptly descriptive.

We shoot ourselves in both feet buying at the lowest cost possible but frequently end up paying much more over the long run with frequent replacements as the less expensive stuff fails sooner.

Many lack the discerning eye necessary to assess a product using a long term perspective, or allow impulse to overcome objectivity.

That just got me to thinking about user manuals. I wonder if some makers don’t create manuals simply because they don’t know how their stuff works either. They just know it worked for someone else before they “borrowed” parts of it and put it on the market[emoji22]

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaedrus
Hi Ronrod68,
I was wondering if your MODULE STAND that you purchased from Ricky Smith was printed like this on the inside or did my mate just the dud. He was expecting it to have at least 4 posts to the module on least like mine. I will put some photos for you to look at and see if his is the same as yours. Thanks for your reply in advance. Johnno Hennessy.

Yes sir, it is the exact copy of the example in your photo.

It does NOT have stand-offs or studs for elevated mounting. I lies down on top of the interior shelf.
Now in addition, I had to use a Drexel tool to modify the base for clearance. Also, the lid does not stay on tight and falls off while in the backpack and will require some sort of adhesive to keep from loosing it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval