Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Music... SO, what do you listen to when you fly ?

Reaction score
Personally, within my 1st 5mins. of takeoff, it's always Flight of the Valkyrie by Richard Wagner..

.. start at 3:22

.. it just seems so fitting, so perfect for pre-flight, takeoff & getting up in the air.... but then, after that I'll roll with either Van Halen 1 (too many good tracks) , or the best of Helmet, & then of course comes some Kraftwerk.. So as you can see, i'm totally versatile, going from classic, to classic rock, to 90's hardcore to 90's tempo.. all depends on my mood I guess.. but just curious, what do the rest of you listen to ?.. If to anything at all.. lmk..

Starting at 1:20 .. one of my most fav flying songs to listen to.. dl'd via VLC, converted to an MP4 track, uploaded to my phone as audio, bluetooth, earbuds, done deal!

Kraftwerk.. a must.. ( those guys had a "TRON" element that I can't really explain.. perhaps the era..)

& yes, my fav 90's bangers.. HELMET!

NW.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnnyb57
Personally, within my 1st 5mins. of takeoff, it's always Flight of the Valkyrie by Richard Wagner..

.. start at 3:22

.. it just seems so fitting, so perfect for pre-flight, takeoff & getting up in the air.... but then, after that I'll roll with either Van Halen 1 (too many good tracks) , or the best of Helmet, & then of course comes some Kraftwerk.. So as you can see, i'm totally versatile, going from classic, to classic rock, to 90's hardcore to 90's tempo.. all depends on my mood I guess.. but just curious, what do the rest of you listen to ?.. If to anything at all.. lmk..

Starting at 1:20 .. one of my most fav flying songs to listen to.. dl'd via VLC, converted to an MP4 track, uploaded to my phone as audio, bluetooth, earbuds, done deal!

Kraftwerk.. a must.. ( those guys had a "TRON" element that I can't really explain.. perhaps the era..)

& yes, my fav 90's bangers.. HELMET!

NW.
My fav flick, lost alot of good men in that conflict, even worse for the ones that returned

Reactions: NWSaint
The thought of listening to anything other than my aircraft, other aircraft, or other intrusions into “my space” has never, ever occurred to me.

Triple down DM!
Fully agree. Your ears can warn you of something not right with your aircraft...a sense better not impeded with music no matter how good it is.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I'm with the "surrounding environment" crowd. Personally I can't really hear it once it gets a bit away from me, only when I'm circling back and it flys overhead or if It's close, like 100' or less away.

I'm listening for approaching aircraft, specifically helicopters. CareFlight, police and civilian aircraft are very common around here and it's not uncommon for them to transition the airspace I'm flying. I'll hear them long before I'll see them, "long" being 20-30 seconds, and can discern the general direction they're coming from.

It would be nice to listen to music while I'm flying. I can see the attraction. The whole "Risk vs. Reward" equation just doesn't balance out on this one.

Well, apparently the OP’s original question went over a lot of people’s heads. Instead of answers he got a lot of non-answers.

Allow me to answer the original question: I like to listen to war documentary’s while I fly, never been a fan of listening to music while flying. For some reason listening to documentaries relaxes me while flying, I have no idea why. I know, it’s kind of weird, but to each their own I guess

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace