Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My 1st Flight

Good job, and Welcome to the forum.
All I can say is take it slow, and keep it high (100'-150') gives you room for error.
First few flights just fly, don't worry about the camera. Get use to what it looks like in the air, how to use the color lights to tell which direction you are facing.
MOST IMPORTANTLY DO NOT TAKE OFF IN SMART MODE
Unless you are what the H and the ST-16 consider is 26' away, the H will fly real quick to get away to that distance. Be there a tree, a building, your car, or worse yet you in the way..... you get the idea.

All I can say is take it slow, and keep it high (100'-150') gives you room for error.
First few flights just fly, don't worry about the camera. Get use to what it looks like in the air, how to use the color lights to tell which direction you are facing.
Unless you are what the H and the ST-16 consider is 26' away, the H will fly real quick to get away to that distance. Be there a tree, a building, your car, or worse yet you in the way..... you get the idea.

Thanks for the advice. That is good to know.

What are your thoughts on using the home feature to land if I have enough room?

I like it to bring the H back home, but prefer to manually land it. I had it about 200 feet up and 1500 feet away and hit it and got distracted until the prop noise brought me back to reality, the H was there, gear down about to land on the side of a hill 20' away. you can still control it in RTH mode, I just brought in closer to where it was flat and let RTH finish the job.

This is my 1st flight of the Yuneec Typhoon H. I am not a very experienced pilot and I know that I have a lot to learn. I hope to master it before too long. Here is a link to the video on DropBox;

Dropbox - Typoon H - 1st Flight.mov
You might consider opening a Youtube account so you can upload your videos there. It makes them easier to share. The resolution of this video looked like it was about 480p which doesn't do it justic.

I like it to bring the H back home, but prefer to manually land it. I had it about 200 feet up and 1500 feet away and hit it and got distracted until the prop noise brought me back to reality, the H was there, gear down about to land on the side of a hill 20' away. you can still control it in RTH mode, I just brought in closer to where it was flat and let RTH finish the job.
When you use RTH you need to understand how it works. It doesn't return the the takeoff position. It returns in a direct line of flight to about 26' from the ST16 and lands. If there is a car 26' away or a pond, in the line of flight, that is where it is going to land. If you move while it lands, it will move as well to maintain that 26'. Also, make sure you have plenty of altitude before you hit RTH. If it's not high enough to clear everything, it will run into whatever is in the flight path.

You might consider opening a Youtube account so you can upload your videos there. It makes them easier to share. The resolution of this video looked like it was about 480p which doesn't do it justic.

Thanks for the advice. I do have a YouTube account, but they stripped the audio due to copyright issues. The video was edited to be in sync with the soundtrack, so it would be hard to find a new audio track to match. In the future, I just need to use audio tracks that are not copyrighted.

Reactions: Steve Carr
When you use RTH you need to understand how it works. It doesn't return the the takeoff position. It returns in a direct line of flight to about 26' from the ST16 and lands. If there is a car 26' away or a pond, in the line of flight, that is where it is going to land. If you move while it lands, it will move as well to maintain that 26'. Also, make sure you have plenty of altitude before you hit RTH. If it's not high enough to clear everything, it will run into whatever is in the flight path.

Thanks for that info. I did think it was 26' from where I took off,vs where the ST16 is. Usually, those 2 are nearly the same.

So if I am in an open field with 60' trees 300' feet from me and I've flown the H 2,000' away, I thought it would maintain altitude and then land 26' from me. Does it maintain altitude until it is above me or does it return in an angled line from the current altitude to the ST16?

Reactions: Steve Carr
Thanks for that info. I did think it was 26' from where I took off,vs where the ST16 is. Usually, those 2 are nearly the same.

So if I am in an open field with 60' trees 300' feet from me and I've flown the H 2,000' away, I thought it would maintain altitude and then land 26' from me. Does it maintain altitude until it is above me or does it return in an angled line from the current altitude to the ST16?
It will maintain the altitude as long as it's higher than 33', so if you are at 100' when you hit RTH, everything will be good.

Reactions: TyphoonMN

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval