Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My First Flight (UK)

Reaction score
Got my H today at 2:30. Put everything on charge. By the time I had finished reading all the stuff and looking at all the bits in the Box, the Batteries were ready to go. Decided NOT to calibrate the Compass which may of been a mistake. Lift-Off, in Angle Mode, and it all worked Great. I did not fly far, just around the garden, no higher than 20 feet, had the Video Camera Running. I decided to bring it down - NO Chance -every direction except Down. The H would not come down, Full Down Stick - Nothing. I thought ‘Oh No - Here we Go’.....I switched it to Return to Home, that was a mistake as it just climbed higher. So I was panicking a bit, wondering what to do. In the end I just held Full Down Stick and waited. Eventually after about 5 minutes it came down (slower than a snail in reverse) and I managed to land Safely. The only odd thing I noticed was that the altitude on the controller was showing ‘+30ft’ while the H was on the Ground. I still had some battery left so I did a Compass Calibration and another quick flight (close to the Ground). I have been through 2 more Batteries since then and everything worked perfectly. Overall Performance and Stability is WAY better (IMO) than my Phantom ever was. Unfortunately I forgot to set the Video to 1080 and everything was recorded at MAX resolution, I don’t have anything that will play 4K (yet). Apart from the initial lack of downward control, I loved flying my new H. Can’t help wondering why it would not come down to me on that first flight?

This is now the second time I hear about this. Mine landed almost too quick for me and I did no calibration out of the box. Just charged and took her our for a flight.

I guess it climbed when you hit return to home as its designed to return at 30m (I think thats the height) and will climb to that height if lower or remain at a higher altitude if higher. I'm not sure if a compass calibration would help with not descending, compass calibration problems normally result in that circle effect.

I used the GUI yesterday and it reported everything fine in terms of sensors so I will try a flight later today time pending.

I calibrated the compass first but still experienced a similar behaviour to yours. Hit a tree and broke a propeller. But in the end landed eventually with no problem on five props. my big problem is I cannot get it to record. I fear it will have to go back, Is there any indication on the ST 16 that you are recording.

I guess it climbed when you hit return to home as its designed to return at 30m (I think thats the height) and will climb to that height if lower or remain at a higher altitude if higher. I'm not sure if a compass calibration would help with not descending, compass calibration problems normally result in that circle effect.

I used the GUI yesterday and it reported everything fine in terms of sensors so I will try a flight later today time pending.

Yes, I think that is what happened except the RTH height is 10 Metres (33 Feet) High. When I selected RTH it climbed to 33 feet and stayed there. Im not sure about the Compass Calibration either, but it's been OK since I did that.

I calibrated the compass first but still experienced a similar behaviour to yours. Hit a tree and broke a propeller. But in the end landed eventually with no problem on five props. my big problem is I cannot get it to record. I fear it will have to go back, Is there any indication on the ST 16 that you are recording.

I don't think compass calibration has something to do with the problem. The issue should come from the flight controller, maybe the IMU sensors.

I am trying to rebind the camera which Yuneec reccommend for the video. Plus will try one more flight before I take it back.

I am trying to rebind the camera which Yuneec reccommend for the video. Plus will try one more flight before I take it back.

When everything is set-up and ready to go, if you just touch the Video Record button, a small 'RED' circle comes up about 1 inch down from the top of the Display. It also has a timer next to it (I think).

I had a great first flight during which I did a couple of landings and motors off and back on to practise. Very smooth 'confident' landing and take offs, by that I mean it descended as expected and landed smoothly which I was happy with. Its not as rock solid in hold as the Phantom 3 but its got a lot of presence in the sky. Went up a couple of hundred feet and out a fair bit without problems.

I am obviously a DJI flyer and had every Phantom since the first and this feels like a weird combination of a Phantom 2 with FPV and the Phantom 3. The lack of map feed and the green arrow reminded me of Phantom 2 FPVs setups but I tested curved cable cam and jour and that was like the Phantom 3 smart modes.

I stayed in angle mode as didn't fancy any 20 foot safety area problems like it taking off to get some distance between me and it.

Very happy with the flight, the old school FPV feel to it will take some getting used to I think.

Rather than some footage above a field I thought I would take some iPhone slowmo while it hoverd.

Last edited:
Reactions: Basicbill
My two flights have been amazing, I do have a couple of issues tho. Not every prop arm clicks into place but does not cause any problems when flying.
The other issue is with the st16. My wifi keeps dropping out when connected to my home wifi and when i set the correct time in the settings and go back to the main camera screen the time changes back one hour (no big deal tho)
Any ideas?
Cheers

To set the time on the ST-16 I dropped back to the 'pad' used settings to change the timezone to London / GMT+1 (I assume it works out dayligtht savings) and then left it to obtain time from network. When I connected it to my home wifi it updated and has remained accurate.

Only thing for me with the wifi is it takes a long time to connect to the camera leaving me to inpatiently pace around a field waiting for it.

To set the time on the ST-16 I dropped back to the 'pad' used settings to change the timezone to London / GMT+1 (I assume it works out dayligtht savings) and then left it to obtain time from network. When I connected it to my home wifi it updated and has remained accurate.

Only thing for me with the wifi is it takes a long time to connect to the camera leaving me to inpatiently pace around a field waiting for it.
Yeah tried all that, every time I go back to the main camera screen the time just changes. Starting to annoy me now. Also tried to re bind with my home wifi and it still turns off, have to reconnect every time.

Also tried to re bind with my home wifi and it still turns off, have to reconnect every time.

Thats expected though isn't it, as it uses wifi for the camera connection so reverts back to that whenever possible?

Thats expected though isn't it, as it uses wifi for the camera connection so reverts back to that whenever possible?
Yes I guess that would explain it, just thought it would connect automatic tho. Its no big deal. Guess I'm lucky that's my only troubles

My first flight ended with a less than accurate landing. Still I did manage to stop the props. Switching on of the video is still intermittent. I will persevere over this weekend. If you are ever have to rebind the camera the password is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0. No commas of course. I have speeded up the middle bit as all went well. It is the end where I was less than dexterous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval